Quantcast

Opie's closed thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Why did you guys close the thread on banning Opie?? You do realize some more people may want to post a comment on this issue or do you not care?? What exactly got him banned?? I thought he was on vacation or spending time w/his new baby.

Even though I didn't agree w/ him all the time, Opie's presence on this site will be missed by many of us. His threads had value and searched for truth underneath it all, even though he was hard on us. But he didn't just dish it out, he took it on the chin and wouldn't be afraid to give rep when he was called out or busted on.

I never thought I'd miss HCOR.Net for freedom of speech and mountain biking. I also doubt all these control issues/tactics you mods use will result in a better site or increased revenue.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
This is ridiculous. This thread will stand for a few minutes to get the point across:

Opie has been banned for a while now and there have been MANY threads about it. I'm not going to explain why over and over and OVER again.

The last thread was turning into a flame fest just like all of them.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
is there anything left of this dead horse that can be beaten?

i mean, i kind of miss LO's presence here, but threads like these are just exacerbating the problem.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I will take this opportunity to mention internet tough guy Skookums luxurious flowing fabio like mane.

No reason, and it's still pales in comparison to JBPs mustache.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sweet frickin' Jesus.

One of the mods closed the thread because it was nothing but a clusterf**k at the point that it was closed. Seriously, did you not read the thread? Please read the last 30-40 posts and tell me there were any more than two good ones in there.

Opie couldn't control himself and consequently was banned a couple times. This last time was only once in a history of issues he's had here. You ask questions to which the answers have already been discussed, in the very thread you mentioned - read it.

It was a member banned for repeatedly violating the rules of the site. Period. This is a clear cut case. I personally PM'd him about the issue he had with Brian and asked that he PM me directly if there was a problem since I hadn't actually witnessed it and don't read every single thread - instead of doing that, he had a meltdown. That was his choice.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Is no one willing to sacrifice themselves like DHtahoe during the Stinkyboy banning?

Kids have no conviction these days.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Well, thanks for answering my question and letting me say my piece- even though it's a day late and a dollar short.

So many Opie haters- there are guys on here I don't love, but would still miss there presence. I actually thought all this banning stuff was a joke b/c Opie is the first guy I knew to get banned on RM.

Opie, go to my website and shoot me an email. I still want a road tour of the Denver area when I"m out that way. Maybe we should join babycenter.com and see how long we last there?? :)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Sweet frickin' Jesus.

One of the mods closed the thread because it was nothing but a clusterf**k at the point that it was closed. Seriously, did you not read the thread? Please read the last 30-40 posts and tell me there were any more than two good ones in there.

Opie couldn't control himself and consequently was banned a couple times. This last time was only once in a history of issues he's had here. You ask questions to which the answers have already been discussed, in the very thread you mentioned - read it.

It was a member banned for repeatedly violating the rules of the site. Period. This is a clear cut case. I personally PM'd him about the issue he had with Brian and asked that he PM me directly if there was a problem since I hadn't actually witnessed it and don't read every single thread - instead of doing that, he had a meltdown. That was his choice.
Thank You BV.

I think that's what a lot of us who missed all the drama just wanted to know.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well, thanks for answering my question and letting me say my piece- even though it's a day late and a dollar short.

So many Opie haters- there are guys on here I don't love, but would still miss there presence. I actually thought all this banning stuff was a joke b/c Opie is the first guy I knew to get banned on RM.
Nobody hates Opie.

Except maybe Brian.

:D

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Sweet frickin' Jesus.

instead of doing that, he had a meltdown. That was his choice.

how many 3 month olds are you guys taking care of now?? ;) If anyone understands it should be you tech guys. Wish I wasn't on vacation and actually got read the meltdown- nothing happens all year here and now this.

Is Greg Lemond behind this??

Status
Not open for further replies.