Quantcast

Opinion on the New Transition Gran Mal

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Looks like a single pivot with a swing link. :think: Looks pretty sweet. Its aTaking a page outta the adjustment book...

"with the option to run different stroke rear shocks as well as bottom bracket height and head angle adjustments. Run the Gran Mal with a different stroke shock to turn it into a totally different bike. Run a 2.25" stroke shock for DH courses that are fast and flowy, then change up to a 3" stroke for the runs with nasty rock gardens and drops. With up to 222mm of rear travel the Gran Mal is set to go off."

Shouldnt be a dissapointment. Transition is a good company, and i have heard allot of good things about the dirtbag.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Looks cool.

It's a 4-bar, but it's not a Horst link. It'll have the suspension properties of a low single pivot like a Turner DHR. Transition supposedly has pretty good CS, and their bikes hit a good price point.

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Good CS is an understatement. From what I hear, you can call them and talk to the two owners right off the bat (simply because they're the guys who answer the phones). I sent them a message about getting a few spare derailleur hangers from them, and they email me back within the day and were extrememly helpful.

I wuggles my dirt bag. I'm going to name it bikey and we'll be the bestest friends ever.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
It may look at it but check the measurements. The high BB worries me as a race bike and i don't know if putting the shock all the way forward and running a 7" fork would lower the BB enough.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
'mal' is 'bad' or 'sick' in French. Grand mal = 'Big bad' or 'Large sick'. I believe 'gran' can be used in Italian, don't think it's correct in French. Acadian?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dirtjumpP.1 said:
adjectives always come after nouns in french
No, they don't "always". I am 100% fluent in french, and speak it as a first language. Care to argue with me some more about it?

Little red car. Translate it for me mr smarty pants.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Transcend said:
No, they don't "always". I am 100% fluent in french, and speak it as a first language. Care to argue with me some more about it?

Little red car. Translate it for me mr smarty pants.
you frog