Quantcast

Opinions for the 2005 Turner Flux

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Its typical Turner. Little tweaks to a time proven design. I like it, but the Enduro is in a catagory since it has 2" more travel (6" for '05)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
N8 said:
A friend of mine who does a lot of MTB/Road/Adventure tells me that her team is getting a new Turner Flux. It looks like an excellet frame and she is going to retire/sell her old Litespeed Tsali. I was thinking about getting a Specialized Endro but now.......

Linky: http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCM?PAGE=PRODUCT&PRODUCT.ID=1355
I don't have a Flux, but a Burner and a 5 Spot. I love both bikes. They corner great do to the lower BB.

Tell her to go for it! Turner's customer service is second to none for team sponsors :thumb:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If you are looking for a trail bike like the Enduro I would think the 5-Spot would be more to your likeing. The Flux sounds like a durable race bike. That and even though bushings are touted as being as good if not better I would still rather have bearings. If I had the choice between a Turner Flux and say a Ventana El Saltamotes. I would go with a Ventana......jdcamb

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
jdcamb said:
If I had the choice between a Turner Flux and say a Ventana El Saltamotes.
a 4 bar vs. a single pivot

N8, I still can't believe this is a bike related thread, but my thoughts. It all depends on how much bike you need. I ride a Burner, this coming after a Giant AC. Granted the Burner has 2.5" less travel, the ride is much nicer up and down, albeit a little harsher, than the AC. The Flux is probably a xc/trail bike, whereas the 5 and Enduro are all trail.

**Edit, didn't quite make sense, but hopefully fixed now**

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i saw the new Enduro in a box at my lbs yesterday i had no clue it was an Enduro. It's a piggy now, they're making them into light freeride bikes.
i'm seeing many Turner's on the trail around here and the people who are riding them on here Snacks, Oly, Chainwhip seem very pleased.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
i'm seeing many Turner's on the trail around here and the people who are riding them on here Snacks, Oly, Chainwhip seem very pleased.
Don't forget Happy :D

I would suggest one for you too Skooks, but you like a higher BB for all those logs you ride over :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Don't forget Happy :D

I would suggest one for you too Skooks, but you like a higher BB for all those logs you ride over :thumb:
Oh yah! i forgot about THAT guy! (Fred is gettin chunky Choi)

i flipped the link for that Sunday ride i really like it sooooo much better, it really raised it up more than i thought, i only skipped my pedals a few times on Sunday's ride.

*04 Enduro's have a flip link that either raises the bottom bracket height and steepens the head angle, or vice versa, drastically changin the frame geometry, i've been whining about the frame's bb height for those not in the know*