Quantcast

opinions on chumba wumba f4

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I highly recommend that you test ride one before buying it. I rode one at Interbike and it was just too small for me. The one that I rode I think was Todd Bosch's bike which was supposed to be a large. It felt like it had a smaller top tube than a medium M1.

I am not saying that it is bad since the bike didn't fit me (I'm 6'0"). Lars is about the same size as me and he is super fast on the bike. He beat me at the Master's World Championships by a lot. I was having a hard time hanging onto his rear wheel during practice when he wasn't pedaling.

The point being is that some bikes are better suited for a particular riding style and body size. It didn't work for me, but it might work for you.

laxincubus311

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
East cost
yea im 5 fot 11 and im gonna use it for mostly racing DH. its a small but its the same size as the med just short Headtube. also i know its a race bike but can it hold up to a bit of freeriding, and that im 220 pounds

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
i just got an f4. i only rode it twice until i broke my ankle. but it was real fun. really low BB, i clipped pedals a lot.
im 6' and i ride a medium and it fits so nice. but i like small bikes. i say get one. chumba wumba customer service is great too.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
is the downtube bent from the factory??? I'd guess if you bend it they won't warranty it because they're supposed to be bent. :D

Wasn't shaums march riding a chumba at the redbull rampage 2002? I'd say they can be hucked like any other downhill bike.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
They rock.
Rode Shaum's at N* when I took his class. Feels a lot like my Giant, dosen't pedal as well, but turns like nobody's business.
On super rocky stuff they are a bit low. I couldn't keep the pedals from hitting stuff. He didn't have a problem. S'pose the major thing is where and how you ride.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
i was actually surprised how well it pedaled. one of my friends sprinted on a flat w/ it too and said it pedaled great too.
heres my beast before i got its fully fully built

R

Rabie

Originally posted by marlopez
i just got an f4. i only rode it twice until i broke my ankle.
That doesn't sound good. How long are you out? I was thinking of coming up to SLO once I get one of my bikes back. PM me.