Quantcast

Opinions on Leader MTN frame

dirt_diver00

Chimp
Jun 27, 2006
Hey guys

I have an older mountain and road bike, road bike has almost new parts and I was thinking about buying a frame and putting the best parts on the new frame and just having 1 bike. I've been beating my head over ebay trying to find a good sub 150 dollar frame that is V and disc brake compatible. I found these guys called Leader, their mountain frame seems solid and gets pretty good reviews but I'm wondering what you guys think.

Here it is, they run for $109.00 and 30 bucks for shipping. It's made out of 7005 aluminum and looks nice anyway.

Also this is their main webpage address http://leaderbikeusa.com/modules/edito/

Any comments or suggestions would be welcome

-Ray

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
you want to buy a new frame and use the parts from both of your current bikes to have just one bike total?

dirt_diver00

Chimp
Jun 27, 2006
ya thats what i'm planning, I like mountain biking much more then road and I just don't have enough room for 2 bikes in my apartment, figured i'd sell the leftover parts to get rid of em. Most of the high grade parts are on my road bike and they're all mountain except the stem and handlebar.

Anyhow ya I want to take the parts from the 2 bikes and put the better ones on this frame, wondering if this frame would be good quality and good for trail and some off road riding.

dirt_diver00

Chimp
Jun 27, 2006
it's old and heavy steel, kinda wanted something with a fresh coat of paint or close to it thats aluminum

Suggestions for other MTB frames under 150 bucks that can take both V and disc brakes are welcome, my local bike mechanic says access frames are nice, he showed me his and it seemed pretty good but i can't find a main website...