Quantcast

" Opinions" What Fork to get Manitou Minute 2 or Rockshox Revelation

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
4,403
0
Greenville, South Carolina
Ok guys, I know these forks are both good. I just want to hear a few opinions on the Manitou Minute 2 and the Rockshox Revelation before I decide to buy one. Both forks have adjustable travel form 100mm to 130mm. The Minute is 4.5 lbs and has springs. The Revelation is 4 lbs and is air spring. This will be for my 4X bike that has 4.5" of rear will travel. I will also be riding this x-country. What's your opinions.
 

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
633
0
SLC, UT
I assume you are talking about the 2006 Minute 2? I just picked up an '06 Minute 3 and it has been changed substantially from my '04 Minute 2. The new beefy 32 mm stanchions make it really stiff. Much stiffer than my old fork even though the new one is 130mm versus the old 100mm. The SPV evolve is much nicer too. Seems to work about as well for pedal bob but is much more active on the small stuff.

I can't comment on the Revelation but I really like the Minute.

FCLinder said:
Ok guys, I know these forks are both good. I just want to hear a few opinions on the Manitou Minute 2 and the Rockshox Revelation before I decide to buy one. Both forks have adjustable travel form 100mm to 130mm. The Minute is 4.5 lbs and has springs. The Revelation is 4 lbs and is air spring. This will be for my 4X bike that has 4.5" of rear will travel. I will also be riding this x-country. What's your opinions.
 

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
4,403
0
Greenville, South Carolina
Threepointtwo said:
I assume you are talking about the 2006 Minute 2? I just picked up an '06 Minute 3 and it has been changed substantially from my '04 Minute 2. The new beefy 32 mm stanchions make it really stiff. Much stiffer than my old fork even though the new one is 130mm versus the old 100mm. The SPV evolve is much nicer too. Seems to work about as well for pedal bob but is much more active on the small stuff.

I can't comment on the Revelation but I really like the Minute.
Yes I am looking at the 06 models on both. Thanks for you input.
 

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
2,052
0
alex. va. usa.
the rockshox will be more supple. i have and older minute. its a ver nice fork but it was a little on the harsh side but pedaled like a mad man. it will be great for those gated starts. right now i have a reba and i just love that fork it's so smooth, plenty rigid, light. if your racing at a higher level i would look at the minute but if your a normal person that likes to race get the revilation.

also the minute is a chore to work on were as the rockshox will be cake to work on.
 

crazybiker300

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
114
0
get the rockshox fork. they have a much better feel than the manitou's, and there IMO a better quality fork
 

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
5,604
282
Walden Ridge
Sir_Crackien said:
also the minute is a chore to work on were as the rockshox will be cake to work on.
What? I replaced the air piston and top cap in my 05 Minute tonight. It was really simple and didn't take that long. I don't get why people say working on Manitous is so hard. :nope: