Quantcast

Opposed to the gay marriage amendment?

nydave

Chimp
May 8, 2003
Orange Co. NY
I have no fear of them and I'm definitely not a Jesus freak...
I simply don't like abnormal behavior and I love women !!!
What's wrong with that?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by fluff
Was there a third option?

Or was the third option 'both'...:devil:
There's always a third option for you :D

Originally posted by nydave
I have no fear of them and I'm definitely not a Jesus freak...
I simply don't like abnormal behavior and I love women !!!
What's wrong with that?
I'm thinking you're supressing something.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Originally posted by LordOpie
There's always a third option for you :D

I'm thinking you're supressing something.
so this is how you are when you're waiting for a phone call :)

nydave

Chimp
May 8, 2003
Orange Co. NY
The fact that I think homosexual behavior is abnormal? I'm sure that most people think the same way. That's not p.c. these days.
Like I said before, for one reason or another, there has always been, and will be, people that aren't attracted to the opposite sex, that's abnormal behavior, but it does exist.
I don't like men, I like women. I believe in "opposites attract". And I believe that's the way 98% of the human race operate. What's wrong with that?
Let's play devil's advocate. Everyone is gay or lesbian. No procreation. No babies. No creation of the next generation. No more human beings.
Weee....let's get married!!!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
Now that's definitely silly....There's tons of male/female marriages that occur when one or the other cannot reproduce for genetic/physical reasons....and there's more that simply don't want kids, or just want to adopt. So this to me is not a valid reason why it must be one man and one woman. If I can't reproduce and they can prove it at the time of my marriage this means I can't marry? :confused:
I find this part of the argument interesting.

Following that logic....

If a lesbian has artificial insemenation and gets pregnant she can't call herself gay. Since haveing a child is the result of a male/female union (not legal union) so any lesbian women who have a child cannot call themselfs gay. If they were gay they wouldn't have a child. Does that mean Gays shouldn't be alowed to adopt or have children? No. But it the same reasoning you gave for stopping the marriage of an infertile couple.

Seems the issue is the changing of the definition of marriage.....

And gay couples marrying is a change in the definition of marriage. If it wasn't we wouldn't be talking about this.

I still say they can have a civil union (but call it something else 'cause that name has a negative conotation to it) with all rights of marriage....because it IS a different event. Doesn't mean they shouldn't do it....I think they should. I do think it is not a "marriage" but something equal in stature.

Things can be equal but different....look at positive action. :eek:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
It's normal for gay people.

Having sex for enjoyment and having sex for babies are not the same thing.
abnormal as in not the norm.......

yeah I would say homosexuals are not the norm.

Hell I am not the norm. :D

nydave

Chimp
May 8, 2003
Orange Co. NY

Realistically speaking, that doesn't make it normal. That's like a crackhead telling you that smoking crack is normal.

ps....I wish I knew how to use this "quote" feature properly. Sorry.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
laughable: who has sex just to make babies.

artificial insemination is done with a syringe. - you call that sex?

What about some one who is gay, either latent or in the closet, reproduces, then comes out of the closet? That's one way that gay folks have kids that everyone here is leaving out: the third way that gays have kids. This is what both my parents did.

everyone has an opinion, how many of you are gay, have gay family members, some experience to actually draw on?

geargrrl

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag

Realistically speaking, that doesn't make it normal. That's like a crackhead telling you that smoking crack is normal.

ps....I wish I knew how to use this "quote" feature properly. Sorry.
You gonna get yourself in the awkward position of defining normal if you're not careful....

Have a go if you fancy it...

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Originally posted by RhinofromWA
I find this part of the argument interesting.

Following that logic....

If a lesbian has artificial insemenation and gets pregnant she can't call herself gay.
Dude, thats more of that specious reasoning.

If infertile people could not marry it would not follow that people who have children by AI could not be gay. Not a logical thing.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
The fact that I think homosexual behavior is abnormal? I'm sure that most people think the same way. That's not p.c. these days.
Like I said before, for one reason or another, there has always been, and will be, people that aren't attracted to the opposite sex, that's abnormal behavior, but it does exist.
I don't like men, I like women. I believe in "opposites attract". And I believe that's the way 98% of the human race operate. What's wrong with that?
Let's play devil's advocate. Everyone is gay or lesbian. No procreation. No babies. No creation of the next generation. No more human beings.
Weee....let's get married!!!
don't you get it? if you have an opposing point of view, it's because you're a latent homosexual afraid of who you really are?
while we're being devil's advocate, go another extreme: abolish marriage. Does anyone here think this will be good for kids/family? You're being intellectually dishonest if you refuse to recognise the sine qua non.

and quit using logic, you're starting to piss people off!

nydave

Chimp
May 8, 2003
Orange Co. NY
you know what I'm talkin' about when it comes to sex.
Yea, my GF and I don't boink just to have kids.
But, if we really wanted to try and start a family and have kids, a house on the prairie, and all that stuff...we'd get married.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by Capt. Jack Sparrow
According to Yahoo! news this morning, Bush is going to back the gay marriage ban amendment:

Bush to Back Gay Marriage Ban Amendment

If you're opposed to the gay marriage ban amendment and would like to help same-sex couples get equal rights to marriage, check out this organization:

Human Rights Campaign

Thanks for your time.
Man... I hope we can get that Fukr out of the whitehouse

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
But, if we really wanted to try and start a family and have kids, a house on the prairie, and all that stuff...we'd get married.
Who's that aimed at? $tinkle's not flaming you...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
OMG. You are a sinner!!! Living in a glass house no doubt.

nydave

Chimp
May 8, 2003
Orange Co. NY
You must be going to some left wing college, because you sure are indoctrinated.

I assure you...speaking as an adult male for myself...the only thing that turns me on is a hot babe.

I think you are the latent homosexual.

I think they should abolish divorce. Everyone always forgets the "till death do us part".Then we wouldn't have all these stupid divorces going on.

Sorry...I don't know latin..."wha'cha talkin' 'bout Willis ???"

Logic rules...just ask any scientist.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
abnormal as in not the norm.......

yeah I would say homosexuals are not the norm.

Hell I am not the norm. :D

(therefore I'm a homosexual)
I go for a job interview, I'm gone two hours, and y'all drop the ball. I'm very disappointed in you people.

Rhino just came out of the closet!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Dude, thats more of that specious reasoning.

If infertile people could not marry it would not follow that people who have children by AI could not be gay. Not a logical thing.
I wrote that above to blast the reasoning that getting married is just for having kids. Probably didn't come across right.

People say gays can marry 'cause hetero's get married with no ability or intention of having kids. When since the dawn of time Marriage has been the union of a man and a woman. That is the essence of the definition and the problemit seams.

People have kids through hetero sexual contact. It doesn't happen any other way (except for Mary:rolleyes: ) Having a kid through any means, she (she because she carries the child) has perpetrated the heterosexual act of procreating. Didn't say it was wrong but having kids is an heterosexual act. That is like saying two consenting same sex adults are able to fit the same mold as hetero marraige. A gay person canhave a child, but the essence is a heterosexual act.

Having kids doesn't make them hetero and getting hitched (some sort of union) doesn't fit them into same definition as Marriage. Though I see no reason not to afford them the same rights and previliages :-)rolleyes: ) as any other legally teathered couple

That probably wasn't any clearer. :D

Did I ever tell you my thoery on the perception I've had since I was in grade school? ;) That will really confuse you.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I go for a job interview, I'm gone two hours, and y'all drop the ball. I'm very disappointed in you people.

Rhino just came out of the closet!
:D

I am sooooo abnormal. ;)

Hey LO, I got something waiting for ya... ahhhh :o:

lol

BTW- How did the interview go?:)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Having a kid through any means... has perpetrated the heterosexual act of procreating.
Only on a genetic level.

If you honestly believe that, then I'm guessing you also believe that any artificial form of fertilization is wrong too.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
You must be going to some left wing college, because you sure are indoctrinated.
you are the first to accuse me of either being educated or indoctrinated by the left.

pretend i'm being sarcastic in my response post to yours. It will be clearer that we see this issue more parallel than others here. Or, just read from the beginning of the thread - the choice is yours.
Logic rules...just ask any scientist.
all things in moderation, my friend.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Hey LO, I got something waiting for ya... ahhhh :o:
A little wider, ok, good.

BTW- How did the interview go?:)
thanks man, yesterday's went well *fingers crossed* today's didn't cuz they have no benefits and don't want to pay anywhere near what I'm worth... and I ain't worth that much :D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Having kids doesn't make them hetero and getting hitched (some sort of union) doesn't fit them into same definition as Marriage. Though I see no reason to afford them the same rights and previliages :-)rolleyes: ) as any other legally teathered couple...
No it does not. By now you should be well aware of my campagne to keep corporate accountants out of the wedding chappels. I just see no reason to afford them the same rights and priveleges as normal people. I mean... accountants are screwy, all obsessed with making things add up (blister in the sun style) when it is nearly proven that nothing in the universe will ever add up to a neat black and white solution....

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Only on a genetic level.

If you honestly believe that, then I'm guessing you also believe that any artificial form of fertilization is wrong too.
OK what are you arguing? Duh, it is on a genetic level. Just because we have scientific means doesn't mean the essence of the event is a heterosexual act. I didn't say it was wrong I said it was the result of a hetero act. Never said AI was wrong...now you are jumping to conclusions. So your guess would be wrong.

In any case I did a poor job of laying out my sarcasm in multiple posts above.

But I did get everyone positn again this morning. :D

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by Serial Midget
No it does not. By now you should be well aware of my campagne to keep corporate accountants out of the wedding chappels. I just see no reason to afford them the same rights and priveleges as normal people. I mean... accountants are screwy, all obsessed with making things add up (blister in the sun style) when it is nearly proven that nothing in the universe will ever add up to a neat black and white solution....
Accountants are wierd people. They should not me allowed to marry. They think all them people walking around in a purple haze have lost their marbles....not EVERYTHING is grey. :)

It is the act of making things grey that keeps the pol-deb forum alive!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Oh SH!T!!!!!!!

Big appologies everyone....

Let me requote myself and fix a big speling error!

:o:

Having kids doesn't make them hetero and getting hitched (some sort of union) doesn't fit them into same definition as Marriage. Though I see no reason NOT to afford them the same rights and previliages ( ) as any other legally teathered couple...
Leaving that out (oye!) contradicted what I wanted to say in the first place. Thanks SM. I never would have went back if you hadn't quoted it. YIKES!

My appologies.

Rhino

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by Serial Midget
OK. You can get married now... :cool:
Sweet! Even if I wanna merry you? *blows kisses*(that was for LO)

I really need to watch them double negatives....especially when I type so well and proof read all that I type. :o: