Quantcast

Optional Cove Shocker dropouts.

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
A few months back now the topic of optional dropouts on the Cove Shocker came up between CaptainSpauldin and I. We figured that the Shocker's replaceable dropouts made it perfect for a custom dropout that would allow a different geometry. After a few back and forth emails with North Shore Billet, we now have that option. I recieved an email 2 nights ago stating that the dropouts I requested have been drawn up and they will begin building them!

The details: These dropouts lower the BB 1/2" to 14" (stock bb height is stated at 14.5") and slackens the head angle .5 of a degree, to 64.5 (stock is stated at 65). They think that they will be lighter than the stock ones and will run you $150. So if you've ever thought of playing with the angles on your Shocker, or wanted a lower bb hit up North Shore Billet and place your order on a set!

http://northshorebillet.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

Imagine the handling of this already amazing bike with these slight adjustments! I can't wait for mine.

BMADED

Monkey
Nov 3, 2009
808 State
Intresting....has there been any changes from 06 to the 10 on the dropouts? I have an 06 with an 08 front end and wouldnt mind giving these a go.

Wobbler

Monkey
Jan 22, 2006
I think they have had the same drop-outs all of their life. The early protos had non replaceable etc.

Wobbler

Monkey
Jan 22, 2006
How tall are you? I'm on a medium but I suspect I would be more comfortable on a large (I'm about 5 11)

Sorry for the hijack...

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Does anyone know if the Shocker's dropouts are the same as the STD's? I'd love to chopper mine out a bit if possible. It would make for a badass MINI-DH bike with those angles.

Yep they'll fit an STD as well, stoked!

Last edited:

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Pumped about the dropouts, didn't think they were going to be a reality until I got an email back from Chris @ North Shore Billet this week. AJ and I must have sent the same email to NSB and not realized it. NSB also hooked it up with the $150 price tag, when you consider it's about the same price as the stock dropouts (dropouts from CRC are actually more expensive).

Does anyone know if the Shocker's dropouts are the same as the STD's? I'd love to chopper mine out a bit if possible. It would make for a badass MINI-DH bike with those angles.

Yep they'll fit an STD as well, stoked!
I believe they are the same dropouts based on how CRC lists the dropouts: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=22575

Not to derail the convo, but anybody else find this color combo sexy?

Last edited:

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
sick, they're out!

The official info:
"NSB DH0059 Cove Shocker Modified Dropout Set
These dropouts replace the factory dropouts on a Cove Bikes Shocker DH 2007-2010 and Cove Bikes STD 2008-2010.
The rear axle location has been moved up and slightly rearward to modify the whole bike's geometry.

Specifications:
BB drop 11mm (- 7/16")
Head Tube angle -0.5 deg (slacker)
Wheel Base + 3mm (lengthens by .120")
Suggested Cassette / Rear Derailleur Combos
Due to the new location of the rear axle, some cassette / rear derailleur combinations work better than others. Please follow our guidelines for optimum shifting preformance. The derailleur's "B" position must be set up so the the outer derailleur cage clears the bottom of the modified driveside dropout when in the highest gear.
Shimano Rear Derailleurs: you can use MTB cassettes 11-32 and 11-34 or 11-28 road cassettes.
SRAM Rear Derailleurs: you can use MTB cassettes 11-32 and 11-34 or 11-26 or 11-28 road cassettes.
*** These dropouts must be installed on a bike as a set, although you may purchase them separately. ***
Driveside weight: 75 grams Diskside weight: 95 grams
CNC machined from 6061 T6 Aluminum // Anodized Black"

http://northshorebillet.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=53&products_id=106

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
Ahhh, you beat me to it captainspauldin. Can't wait to get my hands on these.

sick, they're out!

The official info:
"NSB DH0059 Cove Shocker Modified Dropout Set
These dropouts replace the factory dropouts on a Cove Bikes Shocker DH 2007-2010 and Cove Bikes STD 2008-2010.
The rear axle location has been moved up and slightly rearward to modify the whole bike's geometry.

Specifications:
BB drop 11mm (- 7/16")
Head Tube angle -0.5 deg (slacker)
Wheel Base + 3mm (lengthens by .120")
Suggested Cassette / Rear Derailleur Combos
Due to the new location of the rear axle, some cassette / rear derailleur combinations work better than others. Please follow our guidelines for optimum shifting preformance. The derailleur's "B" position must be set up so the the outer derailleur cage clears the bottom of the modified driveside dropout when in the highest gear.
Shimano Rear Derailleurs: you can use MTB cassettes 11-32 and 11-34 or 11-28 road cassettes.
SRAM Rear Derailleurs: you can use MTB cassettes 11-32 and 11-34 or 11-26 or 11-28 road cassettes.
*** These dropouts must be installed on a bike as a set, although you may purchase them separately. ***
Driveside weight: 75 grams Diskside weight: 95 grams
CNC machined from 6061 T6 Aluminum // Anodized Black"

http://northshorebillet.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=53&products_id=106