Quantcast

Options for 26" wheel 4x forks.

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
It appears I am living in the past as I am looking for something that appears rather uncommon these days. I am looking for a ~100mm travel, straight 1 1/8 inch, 20mm or 15mm through axle fork for 26" wheel. Can be new or used as long as I can still buy new stanchion and bushings to make it as good as new again. Any help finding what is still out there would be most appreciated.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
an old Reba if you're light/smooth.
they were available in both 20mm and 15mm (I have one of each here)

an old skool 20mm Pike if you're not so light/smooth
Argyle is just an overly heavy old skool pike (with less damping adjustment)

what headset standard is the frame? If semi integrated a new lower cup would allow you to fit a new(er) tapered steerer fork. albeit raising the bike's headtube the height of the (external) cup used. (won't make a massive difference if you keep the new fork's travel to 100mm

two-one

Monkey
Dec 15, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I love my Manitou Circus Expert, but by default it does come with a "jumpstack" shimstack that has a lot of highspeed damping, so unsuitable for trailriding. It is manually tunable though, just remove some shims, and move them around.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Manitou Minute had a 20mm axle version. That or some other manitou fork. Also why not old Marzo dj01 or 4x?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Manitou Minute had a 20mm axle version. That or some other manitou fork. Also why not old Marzo dj01 or 4x?
You are correct. Only challenge with the Minute is that you need different internals to adjust travel on them. Pretty light too and with TPC damping great, with Absolut damping still pretty good. They are quite progressive though, which is great for a 4X fork.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I love my matte grey debadged OG pike, I think it's even u-turn...Now if only I rode my dirt jump bike??? I have 2 of them which are basically just conversation pieces.

Always thought it would be cool to find a solo air totem and drop it to 80mm to throw on one of them...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I love my matte grey debadged OG pike, I think it's even u-turn...Now if only I rode my dirt jump bike??? I have 2 of them which are basically just conversation pieces.

Always thought it would be cool to find a solo air totem and drop it to 80mm to throw on one of them...
i put OG pike lowers on an 08 revelation dual air so i could run a 20mm axle.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
what were the exact differences between that and the pike?
Pikes had much more massive lowers and crown. The crown alone looked like it was just a single block of aluminum. It really made an appreciable difference in fore/aft rigidity. IIRC Pikes were around 2.1 kilograms while Revelations were around 1.8 kilos. So about a pound of weight shaving going on there.

On the lowers compatibility front, most 32mm RS forks had the same leg separation, so mixing and matching CSUs and lowers was pretty easy. I put a set of 20mm Recon lowers I got at bargain price on Jenson in a Pike after the original ones died.

And I even saw a guy running some RS lowers on his Marzocchi DJ2.

Last edited: