Quantcast

**** or get off the pot

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i'm tired of watching Jan waiting for a mistake. I'm tired of watching for Jan waiting for 'his' stage, whatever that may be. Of course i dont think they really could have done that much on these flat stages but i'd like to have at least heard his name other than
Phil - "Where's Jan"
Paul - "Lets see there's Lance Oh and theres Jan just over his shoulder"

Jan is going to lose again. He is going to lose against Lance forever becuase he and his team are not trying to 'win' they always seem to be waiting for a sign of weekness or a mistake. Vino last year did go on the attack but it didnt seem to be for Jan so it was null. I think that if they dont just lay it all on the line he can never win it.
All or nothing Jan,
Gnothi Se Auton.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Come on, it's far too early for him to play any cards. You're a gamblin man Tony, you know waz up.

MOUNTAINS

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Jan was talkin' smack yesterday. I think he is ready to put his money where his mouth is once things start pointing uphill.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I am a gambler! He’s proved over the last 5 tries that their normal strategy doesn’t work. He should have been stating attacks real or not or something to let la know he’s there.
Ullrich might think in his mind he’s got the advantage but I say it’s fake. Lead or follow or get out the way.
He need to take the reins and be a winner.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
The Toninator said:
$5 bucks says he doesnt make up ANY time on la tomorrow. You down with that sister?
You instigator :dancing:

There would have been no point in Jan attacking during the flat stages because the Postal team would have been all over his a$$. The reality is that Jan's only shot of winning is if Lance makes a mistake in the mountains or crashes during the TT.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I say all the major contenders finish with the same time tomorrow. There is a lot of climbing but the finish is downhill so it will do no more than to rip the peloton apart.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Lance is on point this year, they could have had him last year but did not reach out and take it. That said the Mountain TT will be interesting Armstrong has already said he thinks the next day is a killer and might try to save some energy for the next day. If Jan or Tyler can get some time on him in the TT it could be a big moral boost for his team.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Joe Pozer said:
You instigator :dancing:

There would have been no point in Jan attacking during the flat stages because the Postal team would have been all over his a$$. The reality is that Jan's only shot of winning is if Lance makes a mistake in the mountains or crashes during the TT.

TOTALLY where is Jmac when i'm looking for a fight?

I know it would have been a bad move to actually 'attack' but the should have at least fented(sp) to make him think they are stronger than they are.

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
The Toninator said:
i'm tired of watching Jan waiting for a mistake. I'm tired of watching for Jan waiting for 'his' stage, whatever that may be. Of course i dont think they really could have done that much on these flat stages but i'd like to have at least heard his name other than
Phil - "Where's Jan"
Paul - "Lets see there's Lance Oh and theres Jan just over his shoulder"

Jan is going to lose again. He is going to lose against Lance forever becuase he and his team are not trying to 'win' they always seem to be waiting for a sign of weekness or a mistake. Vino last year did go on the attack but it didnt seem to be for Jan so it was null. I think that if they dont just lay it all on the line he can never win it.
All or nothing Jan,
Gnothi Se Auton.

He's done this exact same thing for 5 years now, and he's looking to make it 6 .. nothing but a runner up in his heart I guess.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I was just checking it out, Stage 13 isn't even the most climbing, It's 17 when they do Col du Glandon, and then Col de la Madeleine, and then BAM, two more Category 1 climbs for a totally climbing of 16,827'! :dead:

Everyone expects things to happen on those big days, I'm hoping something happens sooner. Jan can't wait too long.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Stage 12 and 13 both have uphill finishes. Those are going to be the ones the contenders need to attack on.

I think Lance is a much better descender than Jan and Tyler. Lance was spotted riding the trails in Austin earlier this year.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Thoughts:

I understand the use of the team for the flat parts, but I just don't get the whole pacing thing. Nice to have a teammate alongside you, but if they can't hang with you to the top is seems to come down to mano y mano.

If Sevilla attacks and Lance follows, I don't see how Tyler can just sit there and wait for them to come back to attack. They would all have to go together or risk getting left behind with a lot of catching up to do.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
cliffster5 said:
Anybody else besides me see Varenque going off for a solo attack (and picking up easy KOM pts.) tomorrow on Bastille Day?
He's got every one so far. He'll try to do it again on Friday and Saturday.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
cliffster5 said:
Anybody else besides me see Varenque going off for a solo attack (and picking up easy KOM pts.) tomorrow on Bastille Day?
Does anyone else who is capable of climbing care about the KOM??

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
The Toninator said:
TOTALLY where is Jmac when i'm looking for a fight?

I know it would have been a bad move to actually 'attack' but the should have at least fented(sp) to make him think they are stronger than they are.
LOL I'm here :p Unfortunently I can almost agree with you. Lance and Jan are so close that it almost seems that who ever gets a lead in the start will be the one who wins. Jan I don't think is capable of attacked lance and holding him off and I don;t think Lance is able to do the same. Basically I think everything will just come down to the TT and Lance has an advantage right now. Still it's only half way through the Tour I'm still confident Lance lose. :eviltongu ;)

I perdict that it will all end like this

1-Jan Ullrich
2-Iban Mayo he'll blow off some crazy race up d'huez
3-Heras
4-Hamilton he'll be in yellow going into the final stage where he will crash
5-Aitor Gonzalaz he'll return for a year than get fat again and take a break
6-LAnce but he'll be back but only to beat Jan

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I predict that Tyler will attack until his legs fall off on Saturday. Tomorrow will be another boring day with the big boys only letting dudes way down on time get out on a break away.

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
Vino attacked last year, and not for Jan, because Jan was on Bianchi.
I hate to be the know it all, but, I couldn't resist.

Picture a poker table, little smokey, 5 guys sitting around , holding 5 cards...
Tyler, Jan, Lance, Iban, Roberto

I think Lance is going to do it again, as much as I would like local (my local) favorite Tyler to take it, I just don't think he can do it.

I'm picking Tyler take the Alpe d'Huez TT, Lance is more concerned with the next day. Tyler is a better TT than Iban and Roberto.

Jan looks skinnier this year, starting to talk some trash, but I think he is like a dog that has been beaten, can't close the deal.

Should be interesting to see how fri/sat, and wed/thurs.

Iban could explode, he and Roberto are dangerous.

Can't wait to see how it will unfold.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I think the tour would be more exciting if the riders didn't have radios. Without radios I think it would give ppl like heras ect a chance to make a breakaway. The way it is now if any of the major players make a move everyone knows instantly. It takes something away from racing when they have radios.

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
Radios
During the last Olympics Ullrich broke away mid-way, and Lance thought they had the win, only to look up at the huge monitor and see Jan crossing the finish line. Ouch, removing radios would definately add a twist to modern day racing.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Arm On Fire said:
Vino attacked last year, and not for Jan, because Jan was on Bianchi.
I hate to be the know it all, but, I couldn't resist.
No you dont hate it but your right i couldnt remember which one was on which and didnt feel like looking it up so i just tired to fake my way through it. I still dont know that vino would have just rode for jan. I do like him (hey look jmac vino's not american and i like him :) )
I also really liked beloki and thought he had a shot. it's a shame he couldnt get it back together.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Yes us canadians suck on the road thats the sad thruth. However as for women cyclists we have some of the best but they're all loaded on dope so they suck. However we do own the US on mountain bikes. The only good rider we have is Mike Barry and he rides for US postal and lives in Boulder.LOL

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
JMAC said:
Yes us canadians suck on the road thats the sad thruth. However as for women cyclists we have some of the best but they're all loaded on dope so they suck. However we do own the US on mountain bikes. The only good rider we have is Mike Barry and he rides for US postal and lives in Boulder.LOL
Oh sure chage the subject. i met that ryder dude in march. he was really impressed with our trail. If fact it hurt those pro's so bad they got their race cut down to the espert distance. sad sad sad. it was only like 28 miles.
i think theres another texican in the top 5 in norba. (4th to be exact)