Quantcast

**** or get off the pot

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
LOL and the only canadian that I know that wants to live in the US is a friend of my who's one of the top swimmers here. She can't wait to leave Quebec in particular cause swimming sucks here, there's no money put into it at all like the US.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
JMAC said:
LOL and the only canadian that I know that wants to live in the US is a friend of my who's one of the top swimmers here. She can't wait to leave Quebec in particular cause swimming sucks here, there's no money put into it at all like the US.
the woodlands has a world class diving/swim center i think. that's just a little north of houston.

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
What a relief :D

How about we bag on the French for a while?

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

July 15, 2004, 11:31 AM EDT

FIGEAC, France -- Lnce Armstrong finished ninth in Thursday's stage of the Tour de France and accused French reporters of trying to rummage through his hotel room in hopes of finding evidence of doping.

Frenchman David Moncoutie won the 11th stage. Countryman Thomas Voeckler kept the overall leader's yellow jersey, still 9 minutes, 35 seconds ahead of the sixth-placed Armstrong.

Armstrong, bidding for a record sixth straight Tour de France title, said a French television crew attempted to get access to his room after he left to race in the 102-mile stage from Saint-Flour to Figeac in central France.

"Just this morning, after we left, a TV crew from France 3 was going to the hotel, the reception, to the owner, asking for our room, trying to get in our room," Armstrong said.

He called such behavior "scandalous" and said he was scared that products could be planted to make him look guilty.

"They show up and they ask sporting questions to our face, but as soon as they leave they're digging in the rooms and looking for dirt," he said. "If you left a B vitamin sitting there, that would get on TV and that would be a scandal. That's what we have to live with every day."

"This particular guy from France 3 has been following us for months and it's scandalous," he said. "The scary thing is, if they don't find anything and get frustrated after a couple of months ... well, who's to say they won't put something there and say 'look what we've found."'

Moncoutie captured his first stage victory in five Tours by breaking away from the pack with two other riders and then leaving them in his wake as he rode alone over the last few miles to the line.

He was the second French rider to win in two days. Richard Virenque won the 10th stage on Wednesday -- France's Bastille Day national holiday. Another French rider, Jean-Patrick Nazon, also won a stage in the first week.

"To win a Tour stage is fabulous," said Moncoutie, who comes from the region crossed by Thursday's route. "It was one of my dreams."

Armstrong was in a group that finished 5:58 behind Moncoutie's mark of 3 hours, 54 minutes, 58 seconds. That group also included Armstrong rivals Jan Ullrich, Iban Mayo, Tyler Hamilton and Ivan Basso.

Armstrong and other top favorites saving themselves for the punishing and probably decisive stages in the Pyrenees and Alps did not chase Moncoutie, letting him surge ahead.

Voeckler is expected to lose the lead to the Tour's top riders in the mountain stages, with the first Pyrenean stage Friday.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
JMAC said:
LOL have you ever even been to France. Or Canada for that matter?
oo oo i have i have it's a beautiful country. Have you?
in fact i've been to france, england, Belgium, the Netherlands, germany and italy. italy was my favorite.
I'm coming to canada at the end of august. come and have lunch and a ride with me?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
The Toninator said:
oo oo i have i have it's a beautiful country. Have you?
in fact i've been to france, england, Belgium, the Netherlands, germany and italy. italy was my favorite.
I'm coming to canada at the end of august. come and have lunch and a ride with me?
Been to France, England, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Italy, Monaco, Venazuala, all over the Carribean and most states in the US. Can''t say I perfer Canada though lol I love europe to much.

Anyways where are you coming to in Canada anyhow? If you're coming near here I'd love to have lunch and a ride with you. :)

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
The Toninator said:
i'll be in whistler at the end of august.
Hmm thats the other side of the country but I'll be in Vancouver from the 2nd -14th of august.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Nitromike said:
A few someones got dropped like a bad habit today .. and they weren't Texicans :D
Man that was awesome!!! I knew something had to happen, for the sake of the other riders i was really (not) hoping it would come from them. BUT thankfully armstrong opened up a can of WHOOP ASS and devastated everyone.

I like it!

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
I can't wait to watch it tonight, listening just isn't the same with something that big. I wanna see the look on peoples faces when he stood up and started dancing on the pedals, cause most of em know they have no chance when he does that. Complete and utter demoralization today.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The Toninator said:
Man that was awesome!!! I knew something had to happen, for the sake of the other riders i was really (not) hoping it would come from them. BUT thankfully armstrong opened up a can of WHOOP ASS and devastated everyone.

I like it!

Armstrong did not open a can of whoopass, he just cracked it open a bit. He obviously had some in reserve, but he may regret not going for it all. The rapidly changing weather can affect some people more than others. If the weather is good tommorow the other boys may find their legs, or maybe not?
Either way, tomorrow is going to rule.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Westy said:
Armstrong did not open a can of whoopass, he just cracked it open a bit. He obviously had some in reserve, but he may regret not going for it all. The rapidly changing weather can affect some people more than others. If the weather is good tommorow the other boys may find their legs, or maybe not?
Either way, tomorrow is going to rule.
edit : ok maybe my cans are a little smaller.
but to me 2:30 on ullrich is a can of whoop ass. Theres still a lot of racing left to do.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yep Jan, Tyler, Heras, and Mayo just did not bring their game. Basso and Kloden are the guys to watch.

Big ups to Voekler for holding on to yellow for a few more days, kids got heart.

I wish Vino was in the Tour to throw in some attacks.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
WoW lol I was at Mont Saint Annes this morning in my hotel room waiting for my race to start at the Canadian Championships ( Junior Expert) and I was watching stage 13. It was on some stupid quebec channel with the worst commintators but whtvr. Anyways what the hell happened I have to say Amstrong owns. Also I have to give huge props to Ivan Basso and more than anyone in the tour is voeckler that guy is amazing i love him. Lol Jan :mumble: argg I'm still a big fan of his but he's a tool he looked like a sloth. I think for him it's because he lost so much weight so fast like he looks to have less fat that armstrong even.

javascript:void window.open('/view_full.php?image=/images/details/6594.8503.f.jpg', 'ViewFull', 'height=570,width=820,toolbar=no');

I don;t know what happened to everyone else though to be honest like lance said it's bad for the tour cause it really ruins the excitment now. This really is the year fior young guys. Do you all remember the Giro and Cunago?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
JMAC said:
WoW lol I was at Mont Saint Annes this morning in my hotel room waiting for my race to start at the Canadian Championships ( Junior Expert) and I was watching stage 13. It was on some stupid quebec channel with the worst commintators but whtvr. Anyways what the hell happened I have to say Amstrong owns. Also I have to give huge props to Ivan Basso and more than anyone in the tour is voeckler that guy is amazing i love him. Lol Jan :mumble: argg I'm still a big fan of his but he's a tool he looked like a sloth. I think for him it's because he lost so much weight so fast like he looks to have less fat that armstrong even.

javascript:void window.open('/view_full.php?image=/images/details/6594.8503.f.jpg', 'ViewFull', 'height=570,width=820,toolbar=no');

I don;t know what happened to everyone else though to be honest like lance said it's bad for the tour cause it really ruins the excitment now. This really is the year fior young guys. Do you all remember the Giro and Cunago?
Jan had to lose so much weight the month before the tour their is no way he could have got the fitness he needed. Something about going at a 60,000 calorie deficit in a month that makes that hard. Maybe he should do Atkins in the winter.

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
Looks like 25 and under to me

YOUNG RIDER - OVERALL
1. Thomas Voeckler (F), Brioches La Boulangere, 62:33:11
2. Sandy Casar (F), FDJeux.com, 08:29
3. Vladimir Karpets (Rus), Illes Balears-Banesto, 14:05
4. Michele Scarponi (I), Domina Vacanze, 14:22
5. Pineau Jérôme (F), Brioches La Boulangere, 14:48
6. Sylvain Chavanel (F), Brioches La Boulangere, 15:09