Quantcast

orange 224?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Jeremy R said:
OMG, did Stryper get back together?
To Hell with the Devil.
My eyes are bleeding.
Bwahahaha! Oh crap thats funny.

I wonder how fugly the matching race gear is :eek:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Actually it is hybrid of a few bikes. The main frame does not USUALLY have a gusset on it at all. It is a weird combination of a patriot 66 FR, 223 and patriot 7.

He always uses a lighter bike for the early season UK races.

As for the gear..its a yellow helmet, yellow and white royal jersey etc.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Matt D said:
I don't want to know why you had that picture on your computer Jeremy.
Just because I like to invite kids to my ranch, to sleep in my bed, and drink Jesus juice, and other stuff does not make it wrong. That's just ignorant.

Ha, sorry, that was best Jacko impersonation.
That pic came from a yahoo search.
You would not believe what all costumes came up from that search.
Evidently, hoes have a fondness for bumble bees.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
original daytona....cool....that's an old one back from his GT days riding on a lobo.

maybe he hasn't gotten a new lid yet and that's the only one he has which matches his taxi uniform.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Hahah damn jeremy beat me to the eyes are bleeding thing. When i first clicked on that link that's all I could think of. Would I still ride it... Hell yes.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Heh, that's pretty funny... who actually prides themself on portraying an image of glorifying alcohol consumption? Just another buck-toothed pommy geezer...

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Rik said:
Heh, that's pretty funny... who actually prides themself on portraying an image of glorifying alcohol consumption? Just another buck-toothed pommy geezer...
konahucker43 said:
i hate steve peat, hes just a drunk bum
Oh here we go again. I happen to like alcoholics and lushes who kick sober peoples a$$es on the race course so :nuts:

konahucker43 said:
i hate steve peat, hes just a drunk bum

You're just bitter cuz he can get drunk and beat the piss out anyone on a dh bike. It's drunken wankers like that who make the sport fun.

And if you want to criticize riders for their substance abuse, probably 3/4 of the red bull riders are stoners, hell, it's a safe bet that 3/4 of any downhillers or freeriders in general.

-Ian

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Maybe so, but do they glorify their substance abuse?
I don't care who takes what, but to play up such a habit to create a unique element to your persona is pretty weak.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
For what it's worth your current World Champion holds has his MBA and has an undergrad in engineering. Nico was no stoner/drinker either. That's the cool part about downhill though, you can work hard, be talentless and do okay!

If you have talent AND work hard though, you might just win 10 world championships...aka, nico...

konahucker43

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
central NY
scoundrel said:
You're just bitter cuz he can get drunk and beat the piss out anyone on a dh bike. It's drunken wankers like that who make the sport fun.

And if you want to criticize riders for their substance abuse, probably 3/4 of the red bull riders are stoners, hell, it's a safe bet that 3/4 of any downhillers or freeriders in general.

-Ian
well it doesnt really anger me that hes a drunk, hell i cant even drink for like 5 more years but its his attitude and the way he carries him self. and no he certainly is not the fastest in the world

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
each to his own, right?

what if people just wanna have fun? they race a bit, have a laugh, and a few beers, or joints. So what? it's just a sport.
If 3 people will ever had an influence to the sport it'll be Palmer, Vouilloz and Peat. Like it or not, but it's people like him and palmer that bring/keep the fun in.
Hell if everyone would be like Nico, all arsed up, wearing lycras and checking the telemetric results at the end of the day, I wouldn't be riding anymore. I like the post ride drinking and fooking about just as much as the riding itself!

It's a sport yes, but it's just a hobby as well.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
BadFastard said:
each to his own, right?

what if people just wanna have fun? they race a bit, have a laugh, and a few beers, or joints. So what? it's just a sport
I don't think that's the issue, well at least from my point of view it isn't. I just have problems with the images protrayed in MTB media by a few riders, glorifying stupid "rock star" king of behaviour. I guess it helps them sell their image and products, but do we really need it?

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
I dont think drinking stella is very rock star unless of course I didnt realize and I am in fact Alice Cooper