Quantcast

Orange - Mojo Rider Rowan Sorrell to Race in Cabo Verde

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

The list keeps growing for URGE's humanitarian effort in Cabo Verde. Adding to the group of British riders is Rowan Sorrell, who has a short interview and some good shots inside this piece announcing his participation...
---

Rowan Sorrell (Orange - Mojo) Wales – UK : Officially confirmed!

Source: URGE

Hey Rowan, how do you feel just before your departure to Cabo Verde? Excited?

R.S : I am really excited about this trip, I’m looking forward to learning about the Cape Verde Islands and experiencing the madness of the Urge events with some of the world’s best riders.

Photo by Andy Lloyd.

Urge Cabo Verde is much more than a race, is that one of the reasons you decided to come?

R.S : Yes, this has definitely caught my attention with the previous events, the challenge and adventure you undertake when out on your bike is part of what makes mountain biking special, although I suspect this will take it a bit further than usual!!

Photo by Andy Lloyd.

Photo by Andy Lloyd.

Is the humanitarian aspect of the Urge Events important for you?

R.S : This is an amazing opportunity, to have a way of raising money for worthy causes through what we do is exciting, we are all privileged to have grown up where we have and the Urge events aim to make a real difference for the hosting countries.

Photo by Jacob Gibbins.

Photo by Andy Lloyd.

Do you think it's important that well known riders like you act like ambassadors to help countries like Cabo Verde to develop activities like MTB?

R.S : All the riders on the trip love mountain biking, I think promoting the sport to new people and new areas is just an extension of our passion for the sport. The Urge events have not been well publicised in the UK so far and I hope that this year with Tracy and I on board we will be able to create some interest and excitement around the event back in the UK.

Photo by Andy Lloyd.

Do you already know which machine you'll take?

R.S : I will be taking an Orange Alpine 160 kitted out with the latest Fox Suspension…

Attachments