Quantcast

Orange Sub3 - for XC and Trail Riding

Hi
I have just whacked a deposit down on an Orange Sub 3, and waiting for Santa to shove it down the chimney.:banana:
Does anyone have any experience of this bike, anything I should look out for or immediately upgrade??
Cheers

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I haven't ridden a full bike from them (not many here will have, they are almost impossible to get complete in north america). I have however ridden the frame, and loved it. It will make a great race type XC bike. I found it a bit twitchy, but I normally ride a 224, msisle or patriot. At the time of my ride, i had come directly off a patriot 66, so that may have something to do with my perception of it.

What sort of rear shock is it coming with? What is the complete spec? Standard orange spec?

BTW are you getting this direct from orange as a leftover? Sub3 went out of production last year in favour of the Five (used to be the sub 5).

I am getting it as a factory spec from my local bike shop who have been hidding it in the rafters for the last 12 months as one of the staff had promised to buy it but never di, so I have bagged myself a bargin.
It is the regular Deore spec, not the full bling version.
See here
A bit 'twitchy' eh...probably suitmy riding style then...LOL
Cheers

PeteThomas

Chimp
May 24, 2004
One downside of the Sub-3 is that, due to the pivot point, it'll have quite a lot of pedal feedback in the middle and granny rings. Looks like a nice bike none the less.