Quantcast

Orbea Aspin Double/ Marmolada, how are these?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Im looking into getting a road bike soon once I have some money and stumbled upon the Orbeas. Definitely some beautiful bikes. I can't find any sort of pricing on them though. Also, just out of curiosity, about what size should i be looking into? obviously when the time coms I'll get fitted but I'd like to have a rough idea of what size I wanna get. Im 6'2", about 200#. I know that's probably a limited amount of information. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Come up to Denver and get measured at Mob Cyclery... they sell Orbeas. Maybe Motionboy has a suggestion? He's more knowledgeable about bikes in general and the shops in CO than I am.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Size prolly depends more on your inseam than your height. Orbeas look beautiful btw. Good choice. If they have any carbon frames, give some serious thought to it. What is your price range?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
cliffster5 said:
Size prolly depends more on your inseam than your height. Orbeas look beautiful btw. Good choice. If they have any carbon frames, give some serious thought to it. What is your price range?
I figured inseam would, Im not quite sure how I am. I'll definitely get fitted by a local shop. (ProCycling). My budget isnt really set right now as I have no money, but as the school year starts up in early August here I'll be getting more money (lunch money, hahaa) but pretty much I'd like to keep it at $1500 tops. Since I'm a big rider, would carbon fibre be dependable for very long? I'm looking for a mid-range bike that can be taken on epic rides, short local rides, maybe even a few local road races as my skills increase as well as my strength and endurance.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
mmm orbeas, the shop i work at is a dealer and i have to say they are sweet bikes, we've got 3 or 4 built up right now and 2 more frames just came in the other day. The alum/carbon mixed frames are nice, good feel, good workmanship. Good luck with it.

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
mtnbkr4235 said:
Im looking into getting a road bike soon once I have some money and stumbled upon the Orbeas. Definitely some beautiful bikes. I can't find any sort of pricing on them though. Also, just out of curiosity, about what size should i be looking into? obviously when the time coms I'll get fitted but I'd like to have a rough idea of what size I wanna get. Im 6'2", about 200#. I know that's probably a limited amount of information. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, tony....come to the dark side.

Glad to see you're getting into road...it's a good time for sure.

I'm not sure I'd go for the orbea for a new roadie...maybe something with a little more bang for your buck

But if you have the cash go for it

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
axlvid23 said:
Yes, tony....come to the dark side.

Glad to see you're getting into road...it's a good time for sure.

I'm not sure I'd go for the orbea for a new roadie...maybe something with a little more bang for your buck

But if you have the cash go for it
Lol, It's been more appealing lately Alex. What would you recommend? A friend of mine has a Trek 1000 that he said he'd sell me for $400, do you think that's a good deal? Haha, Im so financially confined.

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
mtnbkr4235 said:
Lol, It's been more appealing lately Alex. What would you recommend? A friend of mine has a Trek 1000 that he said he'd sell me for $400, do you think that's a good deal? Haha, Im so financially confined.
What kind of components are on it?

I wouldn't bother unless it's at least full 105.

If you can wait a while I'd suggest going to veloswap in the fall...I bought a 01 Jamis comet with full ultegra for 500 buckaroos. There's some sick deals there.

I'd look at the Performance brand road bikes....those appear to be somewhat good and have damn good components for the price.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
axlvid23 said:
What kind of components are on it?

I wouldn't bother unless it's at least full 105.

If you can wait a while I'd suggest going to veloswap in the fall...I bought a 01 Jamis comet with full ultegra for 500 buckaroos. There's some sick deals there.

I'd look at the Performance brand road bikes....those appear to be somewhat good and have damn good components for the price.
Oh yea! I completely forgot about VeloSwap coming up. When is that? I should just wait for then since I should have more money anyways as the year goes on. I think its pretty much just a stock build and the model is a few years old so its probably not worth it anyways.