Quantcast

orchid shoe question.

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
I'm thinking about getting some Orchid Hex shoes. I have to order them on line, nothing local. Does anyone have any input about fit?
For reference I wear a 12 in most brands (etnies, adio, 5.10) and 13 in Globe. Any opinions of the shoes good/ bad?

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
My foot is a 11.5-12 and the 12 orchid vandevers fit like $money$. prolly the best pair of skate/bmx shoes I've ever bought...

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
I've got the Hex shoes. They are the best shoe I've had as far as feeling comfortable while riding. I got the black and gray with the gray bottom (last years model) and have only ridden a handful of times and they are already showing some wear. My DC's took a good while before showing wear but seeing as Orchid is a "bmx" shoe I'll probably buy them again.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
It took me a little while for my Orchids to break in but they feel good now and the sole works great for grip on my pedals. I'll probably buy another pair of Orchids next time I'm at Staff. Etnies and Orchid seem to be my fav brands for shoes.

As far as size. I bought a 11.5 (which I do in most everything else) and they felt snug - which is good. When the finally packed a bit they felt perfect. I'm guessing a 12 will fit you well.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
never tried an orchid shoe, but you all make em sound pretty good. I've gone through 4 pairs of the etnies sal 23 shoe. First pair was under the brand ES` back in the day. man i loved that shoe. I wish they still made them

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
sorry about the thread jacking, but i'm looking at getting some new shoes, but i'm not sure really what to look at. i've got nikes right now and i really like them because of how low profile they are, they aren't a fat shoe like most skate shoes. issue is, they are starting to fall apart and they also have probably the worst insole ever, and because they were cheap, buying a decent insole will end up costing me about 1/2 of what the shoes did. i've never found myself needing the extra padding or beefiness of something like the orchid vandever. any recommendations of something that is on the low profile side with a sticky sole and decent support from the insole?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i just switched from nike sb/6.0 and 5.10 shoes to lotex throwback hightops and could not be happier. they are BIG and padded and are hands down the most comfortable shoes i own next to my slippers (in perspective i have probably 20+ pairs of shoes and no im not a chick) got them off ebay for 45 bucks and shipping. the anxle support kicks ass

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
My orchids were so-so. I might buy them again, but they seemed to pack down really quickly and we also reaaaaaly heavy. Granted, they did last 2x as long as my 2nd pair of Emerica reynolds (brown/blingbling) and after I totally blew my reynolds up I went back to the orchids and ran them for another 5months. My first pair of reynolds lasted forever though, might have gotten a defective pair.

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
check out Inopia shoes they are $15 on Dans comp I have a pair of the mids and whatever the low tops are called, good shoes (especialliy for $15)

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
check out some etnies Terranea's. Ruben's sig model. i own two pairs and they are the best riding shoe of all time.

www.etnies.com/footwear/mens/terranea/

by the way from my experience Etnies makes some of the most solid riding shoes available. long lasting, comfortable etc...good products. also the pair of lotek brooklyns i had were super nice too, but the etnies have lasted reasonably longer.