Quantcast

Ordered my new sled this morning!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
bizutch said:
Rocks...I was SO happy to see that little protector piece that came on my Demo 8 to protect my derailleur hanger....sooooo happy!
yeah, so now instead of bending/breaking your hanger, you'll bend your derailluer! Somethings gotta give. :help:

:rofl:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
motomike said:
yeah, so now instead of bending/breaking your hanger, you'll bend your derailluer! Somethings gotta give. :help:

:rofl:
what I like is it will lessen the likelyhood of having a bent hanger and ****ty shifting that you can't resolve because of it. If my derailleur explodes and my hanger stays straight...I've got one less thing to worry about....especially at a race. hangers are harder to come by than derailleurs...cheaper..but not as easy to get at a race.

Speaking of which...at what point in time is somebody going to mail extra hangers...with a frame?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
bizutch said:
what I like is it will lessen the likelyhood of having a bent hanger and ****ty shifting that you can't resolve because of it. If my derailleur explodes and my hanger stays straight...I've got one less thing to worry about....especially at a race. hangers are harder to come by than derailleurs...cheaper..but not as easy to get at a race.

Speaking of which...at what point in time is somebody going to mail extra hangers...with a frame?
This is true. Speaking of, I guess I should order a bunch of hangers for our bikes.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I just got the call from the shop.

It has arrived!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bizutch said:
where are the pics?

No cna do right now big boi. I'm at the office and the bike is at the shop. Hell, Doug is headed down there now so he'll see it before me!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Ben,
Did your new rig come with a rope so you climb out of holes?:rofl:

That was the funniest thing ever, me and Doug came roaring through the upper rock garden wheel to wheel and all we see sticking out of a large hole is your Troy Lee visor. Bwa hahahahahhahaha.
If I am not mistaken that is the same day that you carefully lifted me out of a huge briar patch.:)
Good times.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
ben.
i checked out yetifan.

there's some pretty irate folks.
and who can blame them.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Jeremy R said:
Ben,
Did your new rig come with a rope so you climb out of holes?:rofl:

That was the funniest thing ever, me and Doug came roaring through the upper rock garden wheel to wheel and all we see sticking out of a large hole is your Troy Lee visor. Bwa hahahahahhahaha.
If I am not mistaken that is the same day that you carefully lifted me out of a huge briar patch.:)
Good times.
Yes, I had the bike equiped with a rocket launched tow harpon ala Satr Wars and a step ladder to help mount up!

I just got back from the shop....and it's pretty swank. The parts kit alone is incredible for a stock bike.

As for pics you will have to come to where the wild things are and check it out for yourself.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bizutch said:
WHOA!!! Man...there will be no denting the down tube on that bad boy. Hadn't seen the side view of this thing...but it looks WAY different than what Rando ran at Snowshoe last year.
Thanks for the pic. I was a bit worried as many folks are about the set of nuts hanging from the downtube but it actually looks quite better in person. I look forward to a good test this weekend.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
profro said:
It comes with personalized wheels, extra reflectors and pre-stickered. You still haven't found them all. :evil:
My favorite of all time is putting little cat toys in tubes and patching it up like nothing happened. It takes a bit of time, but its a good one.:thumb: Random ball bearings in all through the frame is a nice touch too.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
d.e.f. said:
My favorite of all time is putting little cat toys in tubes and patching it up like nothing happened. It takes a bit of time, but its a good one.:thumb: Random ball bearings in all through the frame is a nice touch too.
I wanted to drop a small rock in the seat tube, but I didn't want to go too far.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
d.e.f. said:
we had a guy on our team back in texas, who had our shop build a merlin ti. for him.
this guy was the ultimate weight weenie.
as they were building the bike, i slipped the seat post out and filled it with dirt and driveway gravel. sealed it with wax, and never said a word to anyone.

he was all to hell, because he had weighed everything separately to add up the total.
when it was 3/4lbs. over he was borderline spaztic.
he called merlin, and gave them grief. moaned for weeks about it.
the guys in the shop couldn't figure it out either.

two months later while he was driving us to a race, i finally let the secret out.

i couldn't believe he failed to see the humor.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
profro said:
When did that to a guy's car once. We put some gravel behind his hub cap once and the noise drop him crazy.
i heard a story about a guy who bought a mustang GT.
and every time he cornered, he was hearing a something in the trunk knocking around.

apparantly he had it back to the dealer many, many times to no avail.

until one time a mechanic isolated the noise. and found that some practical joker on the assembly line had hung a bolt from a small wire between the left rear fender and the inner fender. and every time he entered a turn. klunk, klunk.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
profro said:
When did that to a guy's car once. We put some gravel behind his hub cap once and the noise drop him crazy.
When my folks got married, one of my uncles put sardines behind the hubcaps. It took a few weeks to pinpoint the location.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
but back to the original topic.

the photo shows that there is a bashguard of some kind protecting the front of that ballsack.

a previous photo i saw didn't have that installed. and it made that shock bolt look extremely vulnerable.
it also looks like there's more rock clearance between the tire and the aforementioned sack than i thought.
meaning your toes will still get crushed before they bounce up into your sack.

will you be changing your e-mail name to "littlegiantrdr" ?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
what about putting water inside the tubes...hatd to do, but funny.
oh and the best is tossing some pea gravel in the handlebars, then stuffing a wad of saran wrap inside to keep it from falling out.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
First Impressions:

I rode at Bigfoot Friday afternoon, Windrock Saturday, and Windrock on Sunday. I figure I did about 9 runs at Windrock over the weekend total give of take one run.

It sucks! I hit that damn shock mount at the first hint of tough terrain and even once in the parking lot.

I can't believe I bought this thing!

I hate it!:weee: :weee: