Quantcast

Ordered narrower hub spaced wheels

Ironjunk

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
I just jumped on and ordered some rims with 135mm rear hub spacing for my 04 sgs. My dumbass didn't research it im not that good with sizing and stuff fitting. It seems it used 165mm hub spacing.

Could I just shim them out or something, or is it not possible?

Ironjunk

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Haha, I think its gonna be a little harder and more expensive than I though. I think im just gonna stick with it and retire my frame and get one that fits the rims. It's a bit drastic but there is still a while till the season.

Thanks for all suggestions I'll look into all of them

Ironjunk

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
I don't need a rear hub I have rims on it already I forgot to mention sorry. I have doublewides, I dont really like them because they blew out a bead on my good michelin front tire and dont want to chance it especially since people say they bend easily also. My rear rim is also bent a little.

I think im just gonna mount up the front and then use my current rear hub and use the azonic spokes and rim and have the shop take care of it.

No problems with that right?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Some frames can use either a 150mm hub or a 135mm hub with a brake floater.
true, but not on the SGS.

Dimension still makes that hub. Hadley Still makes their 165 hub. as does Ringle.

look at ebay ads, you can usually find some going for cheap. because no one can seem to sell their 165mm hub. i have a hadley wheel still, that i think is like 155, designed for a V10 i believe. but i can not get a new inner axle to change it. its made specifically for the v10. great.