Quantcast

Ordered some BB7s!

legalize

Chimp
May 15, 2012
NYC
And am excited!

The Tektro's that came with my Hardrock just don't want to work no matter what I try, I want to leave rubber on the damn ground!

I was initially going to go BB5, but after reading a lot of peoples views on both I decided they're worth the extra 30 or so bucks :D

So, who else here has BB7s?

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Good choice, theyre good brakes. I used to have them. My new bike came with Juicies that I don't like as much.

legalize

Chimp
May 15, 2012
NYC
rule one: this is the lounge bikes can only be mentioned as an aside in a completely offtopic asshat thread

now go slam a bottle of Jager then you can come back and post
I want to leave rubber on the ground, it just so happens the new brakes will help me accomplish that!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
My buddy had a BB7 for a while, that was the first bike I ever raced on as a matter of fact. Fun bike, but damn that wheelbase felt long when it was compressed. Not a bike that, for me, really liked leaving the ground.

legalize

Chimp
May 15, 2012
NYC
Haha oops. Pffft 3k. At least it probably comes with nice brakes.
I had to skip a few fun looking hills on a ride today, first trail and no brakes, no thank you.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
I liked my bb7's but I hated having to adjust them all the time. I like hydraulic brakes because they're pretty much set and forget which is how I like my bike components. Also, I heard bb7's have more modulation if you ride with glitter on your balls.