Quantcast

Ordering a pizza in 2010

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Drop the kids off at the shop on Saturday. TheMontashu will watch them then, and I will watch TheMontashu...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
TheMontashu said:
Sounds good, but if it goes down like that I'm popin 3 thizz pills

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!
Then I will deposit Brian's children and your sorry ass with Ellen and Byron...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
TheMontashu said:
you better wach it or some one will be getting a pair of nuts deposited in thier mouthes while they sleep.
Brian, does TheMontashu pass the audition for your children's babysitter?

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
one of my coworkers was just showing me a web site yesterday that you can buy info about anybody......you said it.... funny and scary.......

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
SkaredShtles said:
Has anybody got a whole *bunch* of tinfoil hats for the ACLU? :rolleyes:
A pizza joint by my place answers by saying my name, and they know what I always order because their computer pulls it up. This isn't that far off.

:clue:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stinkyboy said:
A pizza joint by my place answers by saying my name, and they know what I always order because their computer pulls it up. This isn't that far off.

:clue:
Hogwash. Most companies can't even get their *OWN* data integrated, much less data from thousands of disparate sources. The pizza place knows your name and what you order because they keep track of it and have caller ID. :rolleyes:

I'll send you a tinfoil hat, too. :D

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
SkaredShtles said:
Hogwash. Most companies can't even get their *OWN* data integrated, much less data from thousands of disparate sources. The pizza place knows your name and what you order because they keep track of it and have caller ID. :rolleyes:

You should see what your credit card company knows about you, or even if you have a loyalty card at a large supermarket.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Changleen said:
You should see what your credit card company knows about you, or even if you have a loyalty card at a large supermarket.
What does the credit card company know about me that would surprise me? What I buy? What my SSN is? Am I likely to be shocked and horrified by the information they have?

I don't think I really have that much interesting info............. :D

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
SkaredShtles said:
What does the credit card company know about me that would surprise me? What I buy? What my SSN is? Am I likely to be shocked and horrified by the information they have?

I don't think I really have that much interesting info............. :D
Actually your credit report can really hurt you and 1 in 4 credit reports is wrong and will unfairly impact you financially. 1 in 4 accuracy is completely unacceptable.

There is currently lobbying effort to get these credit reporting companies in line.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
syadasti said:
Actually your credit report can really hurt you and 1 in 4 credit reports is wrong and will unfairly impact you financially. 1 in 4 accuracy is completely unacceptable.
WTF has this got to do with my question? What does my credit *CARD* company know about me that is going to horrify me?

And yes, I check my credit report 3x a year and no, there have never been any misinformation. :rolleyes:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
SkaredShtles said:
WTF has this got to do with my question? What does my credit *CARD* company know about me that is going to horrify me?
Your CC affects your credit report.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah. Thanks for that earth shattering information.

Could you try answering the question I posed? Or do you not have any input and are just randomly spewing forth information? :D
Well if companies share or sell information about you without your authorization or via sneaky contracts they are violating your privacy rights which is the point of the cartoon at the start of this thread. Do you like spam, being suspected of something you are not, or nosey people in general?

Spam costs something like $2000/year/employee with a 3% loss of productivity.

[url=http://marketplace.publicradio.org/shows/2006/05/18/PM200605186.html?refid=0]Recent News Piece on inaccurate credit reporting[/url] said:
KAI RYSSDAL: Have you ever gone to buy a car or some other big ticket item and only then discovered you have a terrible credit history? And you stand there trying to figure out what's going on because you always pay your bills on time. And finally it dawns on you that the credit agency just flat got it wrong.

Happens a lot.

So much, in fact, that the government's trying to fix it. Monday's the deadline for public comments on the new rules. Consultant Amelia Tyagi offers hers, right now.

AMELIA TYAGI: Did you know that a whopping 25 percent of credit reports — that's one in four — has a mistake that's big enough for you to get charged extra on a loan? Or rejected for a job? Or turned down for car insurance...
click for more

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
SkaredShtles said:

A computer that pulls up what I ordered last time I called. Wow, I guess that is just way too far off in the future.:clue:

Give them a call and find out for yourself: http://www.zpizza.com/

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
syadasti said:
How do they rate for a pizza chain?

This one is pretty decent compared to dominos, papa john, pizza hut, etc:

http://www.hell.co.nz/
It's very good California style pizza. Chicken and fresh basil leaves on wheat crust rules!

I've heard of Hell but never eaten their pizza. They took some flack for some of their advertising featuring a photo of George W. and the headline: "Hell: Too Good For Some Evil Bastards."

:rofl:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
stinkyboy said:
I've heard of Hell but never eaten their pizza. They took some flack for some of their advertising featuring a photo of George W. and the headline: "Hell: Too Good For Some Evil Bastards."

:rofl:
I don't think most of the people in NZ would care that much :think:

There was a great place nearby that was going to go chain called the American Pizza Kitchen (like the California Pizza Kitchen chain) but it had financial troubles and failed to lift off. Awesome pizza, bar, and food though!