Quantcast

Oregon Mountain Bike website?

L

luelling

Is there a site that has race and ride reports thru Oregon? I haven't been able to find one and I've been thinking about starting one up. It has amazed me the people I have talked to in other states who say..."I used to race at Hood, do they still hold races?"...I always reply "Hell yes, come back and race!".

I was thinking about having a website that would encompass a blog of races and rides, contributions from other riders in the area, video and pictures. Do you guys think it would be helpful? I race DH and XC and I was considering getting a helmet cam to record parts of the different races and being able to post it up. I just wish we could see the numbers at the XC and DH races we used to see around 1999....that may not be possible, but I would like to try and help increase the numbers.

L

luelling

Your kidding right? Thats not what I'm talking about...there are a few pics, some results and the schedule. I'm talking more about a culture site with blogs about the races/rides and video clips with pics. You don't just seem some crappy poster, you get a good idea of the race/ride and what you can expect with lots of pics, descriptions and hopefully some video.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Your kidding right? Thats not what I'm talking about...there are a few pics, some results and the schedule. I'm talking more about a culture site with blogs about the races/rides and video clips with pics. You don't just seem some crappy poster, you get a good idea of the race/ride and what you can expect with lots of pics, descriptions and hopefully some video.
Whatever dude, do your own site if you can't find something out there you like.

L

luelling

Whatever dude, do your own site if you can't find something out there you like.
I just may :biggrin: I wasn't meaning to be a jerk...I was just wondering if people might find it helpful. Would it be helpful if you could watch a helmet cam run down the Hood course? Or maybe sections from an XC race you want to attend? These are the kinds of things I'm trying to address. I'm friends with all of the promoters and have done a fair amount of work for the OBRA and Hood series (for free) and I was looking to make something that would increase interest and be helpful.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I would guess OR would fall nicely under a particular PNW forum on a certain website......:sneaky:

Promote it through here.....we(the site) have traffic (especially the PNW forum)

Wait what was the question again? :D

Rhino