Quantcast

Oregon Riders Beacon Roll Call

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I'll be heading up there this weekend! It should be very funny. Why you ask?

Times I've ridden my new race bike? 1
Times I've ridden since breaking my shoulder 8 months ago? 1

It should be quite comical for the spectators! But, if I don't go there's no way for me to get to the national championships in September, so I'm off to the races!

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
I'll be there... I should have the Banshee tuned and ready by Friday mornin, and then its just a matter of seeing what happens with my shoulder. Its deffinately feelin better, But still kills when I teak it... Even if I dont race I'll be there though.

I guess technically, Im a WA rider... But whatever..

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by frizanko
I'll be there... I should have the Banshee tuned and ready by Friday mornin, and then its just a matter of seeing what happens with my shoulder. Its deffinately feelin better, But still kills when I teak it... Even if I dont race I'll be there though.

I guess technically, Im a WA rider... But whatever..
heh, your drive will be much shorter since you're starting out in the state... :D

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Hey chuckwagon, would you by chance be shonk?

If it is, HI! I didn't realize you were on here!

Chuckwagon

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Albany, OR
Yep, the shonk.

Kindof like pulling the mask of zorro, eh?

See you at the Beacon. I'll be there friday practicing. When are you and Dave headed up?

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Eh...Frank Clean out your PM box...:D good luck this weekend, how's the shoulder feeling...I wish I knew riders when I lived in Cowvallis, that would've been nice...

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
PM box cleaned out...
My shoulder is gettin a bit better. Im hoping that it'll be good to go by Sat. for practice. If not then I'll just hang out, meet people and check out the race.
Lesson learned: Always check out a line before launching it!!!

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Originally posted by frizanko
PM box cleaned out...
My shoulder is gettin a bit better. Im hoping that it'll be good to go by Sat. for practice. If not then I'll just hang out, meet people and check out the race.
Lesson learned: Always check out a line before launching it!!!
yeah, no doubt, I nearly followed you over that sucker than IO saw the landing and pulled out...glad I did, wish you had too eh...alright, I'll reply to your PM now :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by gorgechris
Frank, was that up at PC? Which drop? Hmm, maybe I better not ask; it'll just make me nervous next time I go up there, which means I'll be more likely to crash.
i think it was off one of the stumps on the lower section of trail, right before you drop down next to the stream... :dead:

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Originally posted by Toshi
i think it was off one of the stumps on the lower section of trail, right before you drop down next to the stream... :dead:
Yeah, it's on the trail right after the drop-zone, there's a swerve to the right around a tree, and there's a bloody kicker/ramp with NO landing what so ever on the left in leiu of the turn... it's simply a jump and flop set-up, kinda sketchy as you could theoreticly go HUGE off the thing...maybe that would have helped, whatever, he piled it into the berm...looked painfull, and apparently it was glad you're healing Frank, hope you're alright for the race Sunday.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Ehh, Im gonna go try to test it Sat. doing some practice runs. It felt alot better when I put my pressure suit on last night. Just something to make it feel more solid.
Another lesson learned.: If you have armor, wear it... Dont put comfort over protection.:dead: