Quantcast

OS X Dock Problems

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Do any of you Mac gurus know how to fix a problem where my applications menu from the dock won't show. Let me explain that better - for some reason, Firefox does not show in the dock at start up. So I go into my applications folder and launch it but then I want to click and hold my mouse button over the Firefox icon in the dock and select "Keep in Dock" but the menu won't come up (?).

I've tried restarting, deleting my dock preferences file (which I couldn't find) and replacing my dock "resources" folder to the original one. Got any other suggestions? :thumb:

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Do you use Parental Controls? If so, make sure your account doesn't have the "Can modify the Dock" unchecked.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
If you have time, I'd boot from the install dvd (hold down C when you hear the chime) and run Disk Util for the Permissions Repair and Repair Disk.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
If you have time, I'd boot from the install dvd (hold down C when you hear the chime) and run Disk Util for the Permissions Repair and Repair Disk.
I ran a Permissions Repair but not from the boot disk. In fact, I don't even have the boot disk but I'll try to get one.