Quantcast

OS X Lion

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Who's jumped on it already?

I have. Installed it this morning and playing with it now.

Not sure about the 'Natural Scroll Direction' yet. You scroll with two fingers like normal, but in the opposite way as before. I'm sure it will become intuitive with time...

Three finger swipe to go straight to the top/bottom of the page has gone too. Shame, that was good. Now three fingers highlight text.

I don't like seeing my name up in the top left corner. This is a Login shortcut which I don't really want there, but can't figure how to remove it from the toolbar.

Everything else seems pretty cool so far. Maybe not necessary as yet, but I'm sure it will be good.

What are your views so far?

Last edited:

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
installed on only one machine so far to test it out... i'm diggin it; and the upgrades to file vault, mail, and full screen view for apps makes it worth it to me.

the "natural swipe" works better if you have a magic mouse--very intuitive with it; if you have a normal mouse, just shut if off--gives me a headache like the opposite mode of halo.

still working my way through customization--will update you Damo if i figure out how to do any of that.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Righto. I have figured out how to remove the name at the top right:

Click on your name, go to 'Users and Groups Preferences'.

Click the lock to make changes and enter in your password.

Click on 'Login options'

Untick the box for 'Show fast user switching menu as....'

Tada! I'm like BV.

Now to get the whole three finger swipe back...