Quantcast

OSX Graphics Question

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I use Freehand primarily for vector art, and have set my Mac to open .eps file with FH, but of course I use Illustrator .eps files too, but it automatically opens with FH. Is there anyway to make my machine recognize the difference?

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Besides right-clicking the file and selecting the app you want to open that file with, I don't think there's any way for OSX to discern which eps files you want opened with FH and which you want opened with Illustrator.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
macko said:
Besides right-clicking the file and selecting the app you want to open that file with, I don't think there's any way for OSX to discern which eps files you want opened with FH and which you want opened with Illustrator.
It shows the different icons, so it seems possible, but I fear the worst.

PS: Amber's hot, but your playlist is questionable. ;)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
sadly, this was one of the things lost with the OS 9 -> OS X transition. type and creator codes used to make this possible...

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
stinkyboy said:
PS: Amber's hot, but your playlist is questionable. ;)
Thanks! I think... :p

I was noticing something earlier today while going through photos: Some photos I've edited in Photoshop show that icon and open up in Photoshop, while all other standard jpgs open up in Preview. Seems like there's gotta be a way for you to do the same. How? No effin idea.

What version OSX are you in? (10.3 here)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Ridemonkey said:
Go to Get Info for the file, then change the Open with:, then click Change All.
that's not what he wants to do, if i understand correctly: he wants to open some of his .eps files with each program, not all with one or the other.