Quantcast

OT: Electric shaver - suggestions?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Hi all,

After around 8 or so years, my Remmington (TA-5470?) shaver finally needs replacing. Actually, let me rephrase that. My shaver has been dying a slow death these past 6 months and will need to be retired within these next few weeks.

So, for you fellow monkeys who use an electric shaver: what do you use, are you happy with it, and would you recommend it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
reflux

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I have one and I hate it. It doesnt work. It's a Braun 4615 that my mom got me in an easter basket one year and it is a POS of the highest magnitude.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
On a similar topic: Can anyone suggest a good electric for shaving my junk? the razor rash is killing me!:rofl:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've got a cheap Remington that does the job for now, have been very tempted by a foil shaver, so I've been looking into a lot of them.

This Panasonic model seems to get absolutely rave reviews all around the board. You can get the same shaver without the cleaning system for a little less money.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
Zark said:
On a similar topic: Can anyone suggest a good electric for shaving my junk? the razor rash is killing me!:rofl:
Have you tried Nair? Or a blow torch? I have a new weed whacker if you think that will do the trick. Nice gas model. :rolleyes:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
OGRipper said:
Try one of these:
:eek: :eek:
I used to go to a barber shop back in undergrad and one of the guys there used to shave his customers using this. I decided to give it a shot one day, and holy crap it was the best shave I'd ever had in my life. I'd totally do it myself, but the risk of slipping and toasting my artery is a little too much for me.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
I have a Bruan 8595 that I'm happy with. It automatically cleans itself, but if you don't want to spend $$ on the cleaning cartridges, you can skip them, manually brush out the screen and all's good.