Quantcast

Other cold weather activities.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I jumped into a glacier fed lake on a hot summer day once. Just once. Body went into shock and I couldn't breath until I got out of the water.
Been there. Rope swing into a snow runoff river, couldn’t breathe and basically doggy paddled to shore. I always test the water first now…

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I led a cold water swim on January in Lake Del Valle here in Livermore. Full triathlon Wetsuits an neoprene hoods but no booties or gloves. water temp was in the low 40s, we swam for 3 miles. We had to carry some folks from the water as their feet were so numb that they cold not stand.. Post swim everyone was in polar fleece 300 pants down booties and an down jackets drinking hot chocolate with their car heaters on full blast. I had a ball

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Been there. Rope swing into a snow runoff river, couldn’t breathe and basically doggy paddled to shore. I always test the water first now…
I had tested the sun warmed 2" deep shallows, then dove into a sheer drop off where the water was just a few degrees above freezing.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cold weather grilling. Boston Butt tonight. Put garlic plugs and Thyme. Coated in mustard. Going to pull it off the grill wrap it in butcher paper and finish it tomorrow.