Quantcast

Otis 02-09-2008 and a new bike

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Well, no photojournalist splat today so I took some photos.

We planned to meet at meet at our local riding spot, Vietnam, and carpool down to greener(browner) pastures. So BadDNA, Berkshire_rider, and I are sitting in the lot when the SilverTurtle(Dirtrider2) shows up with a freakin XC titanium hardtail instead of the 48lb Big Hit. We know we're in trouble!

Here's a picture of the SilverTurtle and his new bike:

Any way, we get to the trails, meet up with a couple more folks, and hit the usually stuff:

BadDNA on a technical rock feature:

Silver Turtle wishing he had more travel:

Tyler(Skunkty14?) on the roll after the bridge:

Silver Turtle looking at another rock he WOULD HAVE climbed on his Big Hit:

Then we hit the road and BadDNA needed to make a pitstop:

Dude, Where's my suspension:

Then Mike hit a nice drop........ON A HARDTAIL:

Silver Turtle, Nope, no rear suspension:

Finally got a picture of the Silver Turtle riding. Of course he would have ridden 3 ft to the right of where he was if he had his Big Hit:

That's it. Maybe more from Nam tomorrow.

Rich9

Chimp
Dec 3, 2007
Cape looked great today. Dave, the LS lookin mighty fine. Are the NEMBA sweaters really THAT orange? hmmmm, maybe have to get one of those. Nice pics DR.

Slabysz

Chimp
Jan 21, 2004
Boston
Wow, what a dissappointment. Here I was expecting to ride vicariously by seeing The Silver Turtle in action. In the future, to avoid confusion, please refer to Dave, when he's on the LiteSpeed, as the Orange Turtle. That way I know none of the photos will have his wheels off the ground ;-) H.B.

Nice pics DR.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
Looks like you had some nice weather since your all wearing shorts. Usually when I look at your ride reports the trails are covered in snow.

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Wow, what a dissappointment. Here I was expecting to ride vicariously by seeing The Silver Turtle in action. In the future, to avoid confusion, please refer to Dave, when he's on the LiteSpeed, as the Orange Turtle. That way I know none of the photos will have his wheels off the ground ;-) H.B.

Nice pics DR.
Actually, I was contemplating calling him the Silver Hare, but Orange Hare may work as well.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
He's certainly got the travel on the front of that thing! Is that frame designed to accomodate a 36 up front or did he have to dial down the travel on the fork or something?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
The fork is dialed down.

Dave

BTW, Boomer what kinda fully you gots, eh?
I got used Giant Faith - in the process of getting it overhauled. My wife, being one of the best wives ever, got me a trip to Whistler this summer... figured I might need to have some suspension for that trip.

Still bringing my hardtail though!!!!

Bo_

Chimp
Dec 31, 2007
LMAO at these pics. of "Orange Hare"!!!!! Man, I wished I was there.....

OrangeBoy that is friggin' pitiful! That Litespeed even looks like it's laughing it's tail ass at you ;-)

sperkins

Monkey
Feb 26, 2008
nice pictures... it looks like you had a really good time but nothing is worse than a porta-potty!!!