Quantcast

Ouch!!!!!

I subluxed(sp) my shoulder today at practice. Im realy bummed because the season is mid way through and just got better from a dislocation earlier in september. :mumble: I may be out for the rest of the season depending on what the Dr. says. :mumble:

BTW: I play lacrosse. :D

I will keep you updated after I se the Dr. tomarow.

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Yeah gotta keep on that. My left shoulder subluxed, then graduated into full on dislocation whenever it was hit right. You gotta really work the shoulders from all angles in the gym, and protect it. I have a pretty nifty brace that I wear for rugby, and it hasn't popped out yet.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Ive been "subluxed" (unstable shoulder) for about two years now... I have to PT the crap out of it for a couple months just to make it feel "stable". I really feel its just shy of being a good surgery candidate, so I manage it the best I can. Taking SUPER good care of the injury in the first 6-8 weeks of the initial injury are KEY! Do what the DR. say without question.

Crashby said:
Ive been "subluxed" (unstable shoulder) for about two years now... I have to PT the crap out of it for a couple months just to make it feel "stable". I really feel its just shy of being a good surgery candidate, so I manage it the best I can. Taking SUPER good care of the injury in the first 6-8 weeks of the initial injury are KEY! Do what the DR. say without question.
Just back from the Dr. I will need surgery in the off season.:(
Back in September it dislocated 4 times in one week. Was in PT for the first 6 weeks and keeping with band exercizes scince.
Now I am out for a few games and will need a movement restricter. :nuts:

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
http://www.painreliever.com/sully_shoulder.html

that's the one I have. Shoulder and chest sleeve and 4 additional straps that you can position depending on your instabilities. Neoprene and velcro. Real easy to figure out, comes with a sheet to show you how to set it up for your individual needs. Like I said, I use it for rugby and my shoulder's been fine, and I def don't worry about it as much as I used to. Plus, it's relatively cheap for a brace. Pretty damn comfortable as well. My mom's a PT, and she says she that's pretty much the shoulder brace of choice for athletes.