Quantcast

Our new DH runs...

well, for the past couple months, FactoryCostcoDH and i have been working on a few new trails on a hill down the street from us and so far, theyve turned out awesome!!!
the area was burnt by a brushfire about a year or two ago, and we found it a while after, but since the fire took out all the bushes and left just their dead skeletons, they(including their transmission sized rootballs) are a cinch to clear.

anyways,
for now i have some riding pics and i will post a run-through of each of the trails later when i get the time...

1st pics= 3 different shots for each of us of the first berm in a weird triple-switchback thing that i built:
Cory:

Me:

some pics of the start and finish of my trail and some of the flow on the main trail...
Cory on the first berm in the first switchback on my trail:

Me:

me on the first rythm gap on the main trail:

Cory on the 2nd:

Me on the tiny drop at the end of the main trail:

Cory on the larger one:

Shot of a scared s**tless Cory about to hit the berm-transfer gap on the main trail:

he told me to find a good spot and surprise him with a shot of something, so i went ahead and laid down in the middle of the 8' transfer gap to get this shot... the reason he got scared was because youre flying through this berm @ around 30m.p.h. and the height you get off this gap is only about 10 inches... you do the math.

Shot of me finishing the whoop-section in the straightaway on my trail right before the triple-switchback:

Shot of me going through the rut down the middle of the last berm in the T-S.B.:

and as for trail/ scenery(layout) pics, i only have two on this computer right now so here they are:
Chilling:

displaying the now conquered main step-down:

***these are the same shots as the ones posted in the SoCal forum, they are just edited as you can tell i youve seen them before***

pics of the trails themselves coming soon, i need more time...

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
They look really fun! Keep up the good work, your lucky to have found some land to put in a nice trail, theres nothing like the satisfaction you get riding a trail you built.