Quantcast

OUR new trail ride report with a few pics!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
So it is Wednesday night ride time and Manhattanprjkt and I decide it is time to open a section of trail that we have been working 2-3 nights a week and usually one day a weekend for the past 4 months on. The trail is probably 2.75-3 miles long, and has a bunch of little play sections where you can stop and session or just keep on truckin.

This was also Manhattan’s maiden voyage on his new Transition “Bottle Rocket” so I took a bunch of pics of him and his bike “sessioning” some of the fun spots.

On the first climb we were all feeling the heat and humidity, and Manhattan and I were feeling extra @SS-kicked from all the work in the past week to have the trail ready!

At the top of the climb I whipped out the cam for a quick shot of the new bike!

After a long climb it is always nice to have something to play on! Here is Manhattan and our friend “Longhair Larry” playing on a fun little drop. Its probably only 3 feet high but it is to flat, so it rides bigger!

We made another long climb, and ended up gathering all the troops at our new trailhead. The first section we heard people whoopin and hollerin the whole time about how sweet the new stuff was, and then we came upon our little 2 foot kicker that lands in a perfect transition and across a trestle bridge we made. Here are Manhattan, Larry, and I all hitting the kicker. This thing is fun!

Then we hit a long section of trail with a few features including a ladder to log crossing or you can skinny the logs also. I nailed some gutter guard from HD onto the slick logs, and it is super tacky! (I’ll get some pics of it next time), and a fast downhill through pines with tons of ferns lining the forest floor except for the singletrack!

After some climbing you get to another trestle bridge that I built off site and assembled on site. Just after the bridge we made a drop to creek bed transition, here is Larry hitting it damn near perfect!

He was praising us for how smooth it is. It is probably 4 feet of drop at the slowest you can hit it, and just gets to be further with speed!

After the ride we all headed to our local Mex restaurant for some grub and beer! I picked a fitting one for how I was feeling after all the work and hard riding! But damn it tasted good!

Come to Pittsburgh you guys and we'll show you some good singletrack, and fun stuff!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Thanks guys!

I wish I took more pics, but I was soooo busy telling people what to expect in the next section of trail, and explaining what we did to certain sections of trail etc. that I couldn't get the cam out!!! (I played sweeper/guide for some of the slower guys)

as you can see by the time on the report I was up late... I forgot I was working with my Bro-Inlaw today doing 2 entry doors... boy the tear out and heavy lifting today is going to be fun! :dead:

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
Nice work fellas.

Bottlerockets are hot. Perhaps even hotter than, say, a MountainCycle.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
The bottlerocket works pretty good as a trail bike, the dhx 5.0 with propedal really helps. I have a tainted vision of it because i was riding a very fast long distance ride with a road cluster so i was suffering pretty bad, i need to get a 34 for when i trail ride, the e.13 32 special runs real good though, you will see a ride report soon after i get some time on it.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
3-4 months of benching off camber stuff, dragging trees, building stunts and cutting out trail to make it a quality technical riding experience finally paid off. It was awesome to see all the guys that heard we were building a "little" trail freak out because they had no idea that we knocked it out of the park...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
3-4 months of benching off camber stuff, dragging trees, building stunts and cutting out trail to make it a quality technical riding experience finally paid off. It was awesome to see all the guys that heard we were building a "little" trail freak out because they had no idea that we knocked it out of the park...
I just got home from work, and DoubleD called and wanted to tell Bek she has some competition cause he Loves me!!! (for building the trail of course)

He said he couldn't believe how much work we did and how long the trail actually was! he thought that when we crossed the first bridge we had built a long trail... and was looking to see where we head over to the other trail! he didn'trealize we had only ridden 1/4th of it if that! He said he hit the teeter too, and said it was sweet (he normally doesn't hit them)

so props to us mang!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
TreeSaw said:
:thumb: Looks great. Now you can ride and enjoy all of the hard work!
Thanks!

yep now that we showed everyone once and gave the grand tour now we can just ride it an RIP all the downhills and session all the stunts!