Quantcast

outgrown my current ride...what next....

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
I've been thinking of changing my ride for next year, my ridings evolving onto steeper and more technically challenging courses now and my Lapierre Spicy with 170mm Coil Lyriks and 160mm CCDB is starting to feel a bit out of its depth.
Not massively so but I'm wondering if building something like the recently announced TR250 which is a mini-DH type of bike would be a good idea or if I should just bite the bullet and build a full on TR450 type DH rig. (Im not fixed on Transition BTW but felt it highlighted the different types of bike well).
I did think of a Froggy but the 66deg HA and 180mm suspension compared to my Spicy 67/160mm dont appear to offer that much of a benefit on paper.
At what point to triple crown forks become advantageous over some burly single crowns, I'm not hitting monster gaps or anything so they could just be total overkill for what I'm riding.
I'm aware this is a pretty hard core forum but Im sure some of you guys will have gone through similar growth from XC->AM->FR/DH that I am going through now.
thanks in adv

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
After looking at the new 250 Im not a transition fan but Its a little ripper based on specs etc... Id rock that little monster and love it...

Theres ALOT as a FR/mini DH bike can rip theres things like tunnel ,bootleg and several resorts that are total DH worthy but carefully navigated I can see that thing beeing capable in most of those situations as well...

As far as progression I had a XC bike got excited, didnt know squat other than it had suspension. Took it out and broke it in a fewdays so It was DH/FR right from the get go... So welcome to the more agressive side of things... Good luck and feel free to chime in questions you have theres several on here that are bright!!!

Last edited: