Quantcast

Outlook Printing problem....

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
OK, I really need a solution here. There may be a smal reward in for the best solution. I am a Litigation Technology Analyst. We process EDD and ESI, electronic information (I do that CSI sh!t yo....)

When I process emails, PST's , I go to print, or convert them to TIFF's or PDF's, my name appears on the top of the header, then a line, and then the meat of the email. Yes, I know, it uses my computer's Outlook to process/print the email. I need to find away to print/TIFF the email without the header.

I really need a solution. Your help is hugely appreciated.....I will pay 500 credits.....:D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
As Arkayne indicated, there is no way to strip the headers from prints, because the headers are ingrained into Outlook's print processes. So, the header is there to stay.

If you wish to simply remove your name from the header, go into Tools/Accounts, hit Properties and put something else in the "Name" section. Unfortunately, a space does not work. A period, a few dashes, something like that would work. This has the unfortunate consequence of then appearing on any email you send out or receive.

You could potentially work around that by creating a duplicate email account under Tools/Accounts, turning off all the receiving options for that account and when you send an email, send it under "File/Send As" and select the duplicate account.

I know it's not the answer you were looking for, but it would work if you necessary. It's an extra step but once you set the new account up, it'd actually be pretty simple to use. You'd have to remember to use the File menu to send instead of clicking the send button - easily rectified by removing the Send button from the toolbar altogether.

If any of that isn't clear, I can post screen shots - I just tried it on my machine to make sure it'd work.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well here is the issue Gentlemen (and ladies if applicable) is if I strip it out, it is no longer legally usable. It becomes forensically indefensible. Then there the spoliation issue.

And BV, that is the only work around there is that I know of. Henceforth, the question. Thanks! :thumb:

:D