Quantcast

over drive 2 headset and 1.5 headset questions

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
over drive questions:
thinking about getting a reign x0 frame, i see it has over drive 2 headset (1.25 on top).

is there a headset that giant or someone makes so i can run a regular tapered steerer? i am not finding any over drive 2 headsets online. i also refuse to track down an over drive steerer fork, taper is a must.

1.5" headset questions:

im not seeing that many 1.5 headtubed bikes (for obvious reasons). although i see frames like the nukeproof mega (44mm upper and lower HT) can run an external cup, top and bottom, to accommodate the 1.5 steerer. this may sound like a dumb question (cause it probably is), but there arent any headsets out there that will let you use a 1.5 steerer fork in a tapered bike?

im not up to date on all these damn head tube sizes.. i looked at all the headsets nukeproof makes and i just about sh!t myself..

thx in advance for the help!

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Answer overdrive question:
The steerer tube is a regular tapered design. You can run a normal tapered steer tube on the Giant frames.

2nd question: Do not know.:(

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
you cannot put a straight 1.5 steerer in a tapered frame, only a frame designed for a 1.5 steerer.

also, i don't think anyone is making straight 1.5 steerers anymore.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
thank you for the help you two. i had figured you couldnt put a 1.5 in a tapered frame.

the only reason why i ask is because there is a killer deal on vengeance forks on ebay, but they're 1.5 steerer (im assuming thats why theyre cheap). the nukeproof frame i am looking at can run a 1.5 steerer with external cups.

i just gotta figure out what i want (travel range wise). my buddy is trying to get me to get a 150+ frame, while im looking at 120-140.