Quantcast

Ozzfest report.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, what can one say, but, it's Ozzfest!

Highlights in order of awesome:

Iron Maiden - Simply incredible! They did only songs from the first 4 albums. Best one? Phantom of the Opera

Black Sabbath – Ozzy, was on the money. Nuff said!

Shadows Fall – Very impressive, great set great sound, great energy.

In Flames – great set, but only played new material. Set way too short

Mudvane – Not familiar with them…..or wasn’t. They blew me right out of the friggin water!!!! Great set.

Over all highlight, best performance: Iron Maiden

Second stage

Only one that really had a good set was Soilwork. Set was too too short.

Rob Zombie – sucked. I would have liked to have heard the guitars, and not just bass and his voice. You could tell he felt slighted by being on the second stage.

I have Pics I took with my cell phone, so I'll try to get them posted, along with some video snippets....

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
sirknight6 said:
Mudvane – Not familiar with them…..or wasn’t. They blew me right out of the friggin water!!!! Great set.....
So good live, great energy. That drummer is bad ass and the bass player....Wow.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
dh girlie said:
I am soooo f'n PISSED OFF that I'm missing it!!!!
DH Girlie.........all I can say is....you GOTTA GO!!!!!!!!

Shadows Fall was everything you would imagine they would be!! Kick A$$!!!

Mudvane was very impressive....You should have seen the mosh pit! About 10 feet from where we were....:eek: They were absolutely killer!!

I have to be honest with you, at first I really did not want to like them, but the music was awesome and the singer had a great personality. He stopped in the middle of the show to recognize ALL of the men and women in the armed forces and spent a few minutes on it.

I was kinda disappointed that the pit at the stage sucked.

I missed the The Haunted. Sorry.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I saw Black Sabbath 21 times in one year. I think I could see them 100 more.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
H8R said:
I saw Black Sabbath 21 times in one year. I think I could see them 100 more.
They impressed the hell out of me the first time I saw em with Ozzy...I always loved them and Ozzy in his early solo career, but I was thinking...these guys are probably gonna rock ok, but they're pretty old...and holy bejeebus...nothing can touch that...they were freakin AWESOME! Respect to the old dudes...the godfathers of heavy metal!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I heard a rumor that the original lineup for Anthrax was back and they were playing the old tunes on select Ozzfest dates. Any truth to that?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
dh girlie said:
GODDDDDDAMMMMNNNNNIT all to hell if this is true :mumble:
Anthrax played the Furyfest show that we just did in France. I missed them, they played the night before we got there.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
If you can't make it to Ozzfest, I strongly recommend Gigantour - similar deal, but on a smaller scale, and Dave Mustaine is a surrogate Ozzy. I saw em on the 24th at the Verizon Ampitheater in Irvine CA, and here's what I thought.

Megadeth: played some awesome stuff (Wake Up Dead), but their mixing was kinda off. B+

Dream Theater: totally bitchin, solid show throughout. It was like the Live at Budokan DVD had come to life. A+

Fear Factory: Tons of energy, spot-on delivery. I'm not a big fan of them, but they did a kickass job nonetheless. A

Symphony X: The star of the 2nd stage - these guys totally rip! My ears were ringing for days because of these guys. A+

most of the other bands were unremarkable, Dry Kill Logic was good.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
sirknight6 said:
Well, what can one say, but, it's Ozzfest!

Highlights in order of awesome:

Iron Maiden - Simply incredible! They did only songs from the first 4 albums. Best one? Phantom of the Opera

Black Sabbath – Ozzy, was on the money. Nuff said!

Shadows Fall – Very impressive, great set great sound, great energy.

In Flames – great set, but only played new material. Set way too short

Mudvane – Not familiar with them…..or wasn’t. They blew me right out of the friggin water!!!! Great set.

Over all highlight, best performance: Iron Maiden

Second stage

Only one that really had a good set was Soilwork. Set was too too short.

Rob Zombie – sucked. I would have liked to have heard the guitars, and not just bass and his voice. You could tell he felt slighted by being on the second stage.

I have Pics I took with my cell phone, so I'll try to get them posted, along with some video snippets....

Where'd you see em? I saw the first show in Boston, it was kickass.

Iron Maiden is one of the best live bands i've ever seen. But it's funny, you can tell they've been playing too many shows with the lead singer, doing his waves, and the 'listen to the crowd' thing. If you saw them you'd know what i'm talking about.

BUT, he's got more energy than a 10 year old on a sugar binge. Christ!

Shadows fall was awesome, in flames was also good (my favorite band), but I agree they should have played earlier stuff. Short set in Boston as well. Still good though.

Soilwork was kickass. And I actually liked Rob Zombie, thought his set was well played out. He also mentioned during his set that he wanted the second stage, and turned down other offers to play the main stage in the past 3 years or so. Maybe for a shorter set or something...Don't really know why.

Sabbath....what else is there to say? Nothing. So good.

The Gigantour sounds friking awesome. DT rocks, Syphony X rules too, I saw them a couple years ago on the upper stage at the Palladium in Boston, right up close, they were awesome.

-Adam