Quantcast

Ozzy in Safeway?

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
So I was in Safeway tonight getting groceries like normal and as I was contemplating the cookie selection the ad for :whatever: ended and I hear Black Sabbath coming over the sound system. At first I thought I was going crazy. It was a long day so maybe I was delirious. But there it was: "Paranoid" piped in on speakers that used to play Muzak. Now I know I'm old.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Old, but still able to hear Paranoid in Muzak.
Its bad, but it ain't that bad, and you still know your Sabbath, so that makes you cool in my book.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
I'm with you, I am always blown away by the stuff that is playing in Safeway. I've heard everything from Elvis Costello, to the Clash and the Sex Pistols. Then I look at all the shoppers milling around and think is anyone else picking up on this? Never figured to be casually listening to this music while wandering at the grocery store.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
So I was in Safeway tonight getting groceries like normal and as I was contemplating the cookie selection the ad for :whatever: ended and I hear Black Sabbath coming over the sound system. At first I thought I was going crazy. It was a long day so maybe I was delirious. But there it was: "Paranoid" piped in on speakers that used to play Muzak. Now I know I'm old.
the Bruins' old organist (think Boston Garden days, ie about 15 years ago) played 'Paranoid' on occasion.

roaddog

Chimp
Nov 15, 2006
Cloud City, USA
At first I thought this was an Ozzy sighting. Well then, what was the song telling you to buy. It had some message in there. I listen Ozzy on the trainer, but Safeway? Eh, ya shoulda been in the Wally World the day after Halloween. Chrismas music cranked up to a volume that had employees "not in the mood yet" But for them its many days of it... back to Safeway. My local Safeway has more rock music too, and sometimes just a smidgen too loud for grocery shopping.