Quantcast

P.2 or P.3

justfuzzit

Chimp
Nov 27, 2004
ok so i was wondering what bike to get... a p.2 or p.3 id rather not pay the money for the p.3 but it seems alot better with better components. i also like the fork on the p.3 better...
i also dont have time to ride it like every day...
what u think is the best option?

...also if neone knows how much an 05 p.3 weighs thatd be cool...

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
why did you make two separate threads on a topic revolving around the same subject (p2/p3)? i know you had separate questions but those questions can be answered in one thread......i don't care about it...its just the moderators and other people on here get angry when people do stuff like that, so I'm just letting you know :)

anyway go for the 05' p3 it is amazing indestructible and so versitile

JTVW

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
somewhere hot
I would go for the P.3, and here's why:

1) I believe that the frame is the same for both models, so that doesn't matter, what matters are the components. If you like the components of the P.3, then buy it. If you don't, then it will be cheaper to buy the P.2 and then swap the parts for the ones you want. Don't buy the P.2 for the parts, they suck (re: fork).
2) I really don't know anybody who would dislike the parts spec of the P.3, it's about as good as it gets. Unless of course you just want something different from everyone else, but that is a stupid reason to buy ANYTHING, especially a multi thousand dollar bike.
3) What do you want, the Omega Blaster 2000 or the Omega Blaster 3000? The 3000 is just that much cooler to own, and you will be one step above everybody who has a 2000. It's the difference between a porche and a ferrari, it's about the prestige.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
:stupid: The frame is the exact same except for color. So, unless you don't like what comes on the P3 and are planning on swapping it out, just go for it. All the components are pretty much top of the line anyhow.

agencySix

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
I got the P.2 for the price, but ended up spending more on the parts than the P.3 comes with. You'll save money getting the P.3 (Fork and brakes mainly). Mine is 36lbs with the DropOff II.

The only thing you don't want on the P.3 is the front derailleur and small ring.

flat broke

Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Long Beach, CA
My only advice is to check your options before you buy. 2 or 3 years ago, you were limited to the P series, Azonic and a handful of other rides that sported the geometry/utilitiy your probably looking for in the P. Today, you have a slew of choices and some of them will be better/more cost effective than the P series bikes. Two years ago, I saw/test rode my first P series. This past summer I was going to buy a P2 right before my honeymoon. I held off, and am sooo glad I did. A friend of mine turned me onto this site and some other frame options, and in doing so, opened my eyes to a new world of possibilities. If you're looking to buy the P because your an x BMX guy looking to get that feeling on a bigger bike, definitely try and ride as much other DJ/Urban/DS stuff as you can before you spend your $$$. If you're looking at 05 Ps they'll be there for a while, and the price will get better starting around August/September.

Nothing wrong with the Ps just putting a different spin on your decision making process.

Chris

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The new P. 1 cro-mo is a sweet bike. You may want to check it out. The only thing is that you may want a new fork, but then it would be a killer bike.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
my friend just got the chase 2 and he loves it and one thing i hate about specialized is when u look at the pics of the bikes there will be a dj2 on the bike but then the specs say it comes with a dirt jam that just pisses me off and same with the p1 it shows a diffrent fork then it comes with why dont they just show the crap it comes with!

id go with the p2 just for the price i mean 1600 damn u should check out diffrent brands like kona and the new cannondales are nice and azonic and souls and evil there all really nice and it can probly be less then 1600

bkbassplayr

Chimp
Nov 23, 2004
Columbia, Maryland
screw the p. series... just got the chase 2... much lighter and feels more fluid than any of the p.'s. between the two, i'd just get the p.2... its a nice bike for a decent price, and you can hook up the components to make it about the same quality as the p.3... sooo yea theres my 2 cents lol

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
bkbassplayr said:
screw the p. series... just got the chase 2... much lighter and feels more fluid than any of the p.'s. between the two, i'd just get the p.2... its a nice bike for a decent price, and you can hook up the components to make it about the same quality as the p.3... sooo yea theres my 2 cents lol
remember the chase 2 is 1100 and the P2 is like 800

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
So, but you get so much more on the Chase. Dont get me wrong, the P.2 is a really nice bike, all the P series is nice. But the Chase is just as nice. Get a Chase 3, thats around $800 and its a great buy.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
for strictly DJ and urban i would look at the Santa Cruz Jackal. About 1600$ and one of the burliest crash proof bikes i think there is...

Dont believe me, go to www.freecaster.com/mtb
Click the right arrows till you get to the jackal. For those of you who are either too lazy or it doesent work on your computer the gut smacks the chainstays with a pedal wrench med hard and the dont even scratch or anything. I am definitely gunna build one up SS with either a sherman jumper, poss a fox 36 or a stance static. We will see, but i would definitely suggest that...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
from your first post it sounded like you already made up your mind.

and like flatbroke said, definitly check out your other options. i ride a 04 kona roast and it can take some ABUSE!

Giant makes a nice priced complete ride too. lots of others out there that dont come to mind right now

peace

Dec 21, 2004
Burlington, CT
id go for a chase 2 or a p3. I have a p.2 and right from the start i knew i wanted to upgrade the fork. Since ive put new tires, brakes, bashring, seat, and chainring and i love it. Soon to have a new fork on it... but id say chase 2 or p3. more bike for your money