Quantcast

p.2 vs p.3

dakota_lyons

Chimp
May 25, 2008
hey, im looking at the p. series specialized. has anybody ridden both of them? why is the p.3 more money? i am looking for a new hardtail and i can get killer deals on them. thank you

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
higher end components usually are better and more durable, u get what you pay for
yup. but once you get to a certain point, all your paying for is a lighter weight. there's a performance difference between a sram x.5 derailler and an x.9 its definitely a performance difference and weight difference. but between an x9 and x0 literally all your paying for is weight difference. the deraillers - design wise - are identical. xo is just nicely laced with some carbon fiber bits.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Sure.

They are heavier than most comparable frames out there for starters. The geometry is aweful with a longer chain stay and stupid low bb. That alone makes the bike handle like poop. 11.8" bb? No thanks.

I think they are way overpriced for the components you get. If you are getting a "killer deal" then that at least reduces the sting I hope. I can think of a lot better bikes to build, let alone buy, for the cost of a p bike.

dakota_lyons

Chimp
May 25, 2008
yea, i can bring it down to like $1000, but i think im gonna go after a big hit i saw. if anything ill just make my 24'' racing bike into a "p."