Quantcast

p.street

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
I rode one up and down the sidewalk a couple of times.

It feels a lot like my Haro Backtrail cruiser. The front end is heavy because of the fork and hub setup. And I felt like it needed a longer stem and a 3" or 4" rise bar on it. But I am pretty big at ~6'4". That's really all the impressions I have.

Sep 17, 2003
Originally posted by Changleen
Front end too short. Hit your toes on the front wheel.

C.
no, you dont hit your toes on the front wheel, unless you are ronald mcdonald....., ive ridden one at my lbs. i kinda like it, but the wheelset looks anemic, and the brakes arent avid discs. that is the best rant i can come up with. i really like it, but my question is, with pegs your going to trash the frame faster and how much is a new frame gonna cost you? or, can you take, say, an SandM 24" frame and swap components? how much will the geometry change???

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
The answer is, you can't buy just a p.street frame. I've asked a specialized dealer. I don't know if you could get one as crash replacement though.

Also you could put the parts on a cruiser like the Haro X24 but, it will slack it out more than the p.street is.

dromond

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Northampton, MA
Originally posted by Mudpuppy
The answer is, you can't buy just a p.street frame. I've asked a specialized dealer. I don't know if you could get one as crash replacement though.

Also you could put the parts on a cruiser like the Haro X24 but, it will slack it out more than the p.street is.
...and the bottom bracket will be reeaally high.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
It's not that horribly high, they actually ride ok, just not like a bmx. If someone wants to try putting a fork on their cruiser I have a 24" wheel and short fork I could sell cheap.