Quantcast

P to the STREEEET

Ok heres the deal, Since i last posted the bike i have made a few hectic changes. Some dramatic, some pointless.

So heres how it is today.

Still to Upgrade:

1. Tuff Neck SS Rear loud clicking hub.
2. Profile Imperial Green Sprocket 30t
3. Forks, still deciding whether i upgrade.
4. Ditch the gyro, get long Green Rear Brake Cable.

Spec List:
Frame04 Specialized P Street Colour: Matte Green
Forks04 Marzocchi Dirt Street w/ 80mm Travel.
HeadsetTank FS, 1 1/8" threadless, Cr-Mo cups, loose ball bearings
BarTruvativ, Hussefelt, 50mm riser, 31.8mm clamp dia
StemTruvativ Hussefelt forged stem, 7 degree x 40mm, 31.8mm bar clamp
GripsDave Osato WeThePeople BMX LTD Edition 06 Grip
Rear BrakeShimano Deore "V" brake
Brake LeaversShimano Deore "V" brake levers CogShimano SFMX-30 1/8" x 16t
ChainKMC KOOL, 1/2" x 1/8", heavy duty, anti-drop inner links LTB NSL Gold
CranksetTruvativ Luftalarm, ISIS, forged 7050 alloy w/ self extracting crank bolts
ChainringCNC 7075 alloy 36t w/ alloy bash guard
Bottom BracketTruvativ , GIGA PIPE BMX, ISIS, 4x sealed cartridge bearings, 68mm shell, 113mm spindle, alloy cups
PedalsSpecialized Lo-Pro Mag, sealed cartridge Mag platform w/ replacable allen head traction pins
Front WheelSun Ryno Lite XL TCB, 24", welded seam w/ eyelets Rim--Spiacalized, 36 hole, QR 20 disc, sealed cartridge bearing, w/ bolt on bash guard Hub--2.0mm (14g) stainless steel, brass nipples Spokes--Dmr Moto Digger 24"x2.35 Tyre--Specialized 24", schraeder Tubes

Rear WheelSun Ryno Lite XL TCB, 24", welded seam w/ eyelets Rim-- Specialized 36h, Flipside F/W, left and right side F/W threads, sealed cartridge bearing, hollow 14mm axle Hub--2.0mm (14g) stainless steel, brass nipples Spokes--Dmr Moto Digger 24"x2.35 Tyre--Specialized 24", schraeder Tubes
SaddleSpecialized Fuse, 9mm Cr-Mo rails, Aramid corners and non slip sides, X-Brace, f&R bumpers
SeatpostAlloy micro-adjust, 30.9x350mm, for 9mm rails

Sine i posted it up i have now changed a few un costly things like, the angle of my seat the height of my seat post, stickers, taken the pegs off, changed to Dave Osato WeThePeople grips, and gone front brakeless. ill post up some recent pictures when i have purchased my new tyres.

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
Personally, after much thought I think that the P. Street should be ridden more or less stock. A front brake is your preference (I would leave it), but the D-Street should stay.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
the djstreet weighs like 9lbs, if that bothers you id take it off...

then again thats like a 40lb bike so its not like you should be weight conservative. Those things are sooooo stiff, may as well be a bmx. Only thing id change is maybe fork and take off the gyro, it seems to cause problems...

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
You'd lose the ability to run front v-brakes, suspension fork that will take a beating, have a grind plate and run pegs. I can't think of any fork on the market that has all of the features of the D-Street. You could stick on an 80 mm Gold Label 2, that has a grind plate, but no v-brake. You'd have to run disk for a front brake, and if you're going to use the pegs to grind on the non-crank side this is not a great idea.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Eatmyfood! said:
You'd lose the ability to run front v-brakes, suspension fork that will take a beating, have a grind plate and run pegs. I can't think of any fork on the market that has all of the features of the D-Street. You could stick on an 80 mm Gold Label 2, that has a grind plate, but no v-brake. You'd have to run disk for a front brake, and if you're going to use the pegs to grind on the non-crank side this is not a great idea.
You just described the D-Street. That is the same as saying, find another black Dual Crown fork, all black, with the Marzocchi 888 on the side. First off, a grind plate isn't very important if you know how to use a peg, second, a front v-brake is irrelevent right now, third is knowing how to rig your own equipment and making things. C'mon man, be innovative and not a negative ned.

Edit: Why can the D-Street take more of a beating? Because it weighs more than my downhill frame? Maybe, BUT... in now way am I smooth, and I've owned dirtjumpers and Manitou Jumpers, and no problems yet, and I put them through plently of abuse.

well i still have the forks, i arent running pegs because personally it is a waste of time thinking whether i should try that grind or another. And am not that great at my grinding. its no fun to me. i still have the grind plates but i will be taking them off. Im not running a front brake. If i do get new non V-Brake compatible forks and i decide to run a front brake again well then i have the alternative of removing my disk brake from my commuter bike. My new grips are great, i recomend you buy some if you are loking for some new grips. Im still pending on whether i buy the new tyres now or keep saving for forks. i still want a new rear loud clicking hub, a New sprocket, and i am leaving right now to go and get my gyro taken off and changed to an extremely long cable instead.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
well, in my opinion, i favor the sherman jumper or maybe an argyle would be siiick. and if yer dave osato, youll want a front brake and pegs but, if i had one, id go micro drive, chrome rear rim, sherman jumper, and 1 back right peg. (or left if yer like that.) my 2 cents

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
grom-dom said:
well, in my opinion, i favor the sherman jumper or maybe an argyle would be siiick. and if yer dave osato, youll want a front brake and pegs but, if i had one, id go micro drive, chrome rear rim, sherman jumper, and 1 back right peg. (or left if yer like that.) my 2 cents
Word to that

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
How much does the whole setup weigh?
Mine weighed 38pounds bone stock with the pegs. It was surprisingly quick in the air though. The easiest way to get it lighter would be to change the fork to a sherman jumper or gold. I miss mine. I shouldnt have sold it.