Quantcast

P-Town

CrashMaster

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
We are taking our hardtails to Portland this weekend. Does anyone know where there is any sweet dirt jumps or urban spots?

dean

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
theres some ok jumps of 176th and powlle, take a right at the safeway(coming from portland) there of to the left about 100 yards back. For urban just go downtown lots of stuff north of burnside and west of the river. Taking the max up the zoo and bombing down the hiking trails is fun too.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
CrashMaster said:
We are taking our hardtails to Portland this weekend. Does anyone know where there is any sweet dirt jumps or urban spots?

dean
The best dirt jumps in town are at Meldrum Bar, South of Portland in Gladstone. These are bigger and flowy. Everyone in town goes there to ride, dig, and....you know.
It's supposed to rain this weekend, so we'll see how it goes. Might be more building than riding. Highway 99, Glen Echo toward the Willamette River.

We'll all be at the indoor BMX park / track in Milwaukie tonight till about midnight. www.bmxracingnw.com

Close-in are the Grotto BMX jumps at NE 92nd and Skidmore. These are tight and plenty. Plan on falling.

Let me know and I'll show you around.

Kim, you're still in Seattle aren't you?

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Those jumps look way better than last time I was there. I forgot there had been a lot of digging going on there.

Ya still up in Seattle, Tim have you been to softies of sst flow park?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
fuzzycatnuts said:
Those jumps look way better than last time I was there. I forgot there had been a lot of digging going on there.

Ya still up in Seattle, Tim have you been to softies of sst flow park?
I was at the GHY Softies thing a few months ago with my Fall Guy and Tuff Wheels. That seems like the best dirt jump spot ever. Were you there? I saw Karen.
I haven't been to the other trails there, but i heard it's nice and seen some photos.

That photo of Meldrum doesn't do it justice. There's been a lot of work going on and it's all been OK'd by the city.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I will have to cheak meldrum out for sure, I will be down there in a couple of weeks. I didnt go to the softies jam I had to work :(. I have been doing some digging at the "flowpark", near softies.