Quantcast

P2 vs Cowan

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Any thoughts on these 2 bikes? I'm looking for an all-around play bike... DJs mostly, but a little urban and possibly some light FRing as well. I've never really done this type of riding, so I don't need anything super top-of-the-line... just looking for a solid bike that I won't "grow out of" any time soon. I can get them both locally, which is the draw to these 2 bikes, and the prices are basically a wash, so that's not a factor.

I know very little about DJ bikes/parts, so any opinions on either of these bikes would be great, especially from people who are riding one of them.

Thanks.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
if it were me, i would get the cowan. Only because i rode a kona for a couple years and really liked it. That and i dislike for the p-series bikes

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
jacksonpt said:
what about the P series don't you like?

first off, i don't like specialized bikes. I've watched my buddy tear the chianstays off his bike, but it wasnt a p. series. Second, every p-series i've sat on or rode didnt feel well to me. I don't like the geometry either. I havent seen much of the new p bikes, but from years in the past i was never impressed with their design. Maybe they totally redesigned the frames this year to blow my mind, but i don't really care. Its just my opinion though.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
Personally i rode my friends P and I ride a .243. Maybe it was cuz its aluminum or maybe its diff. geo. but I loved his p better than my .243. It felt hella stiff and was so easy to pump, manual, and bunnyhop.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
I'm rolling on a P2 and it kicks lots of ass. I've never ridden the Kona so I can't quote on that. However, my P2 makes me happy, it's strong, light, and relatively stiff. I've demolished some of the original components but no suprise there.