Quantcast

P2, what fork to run?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I have 2 choices. I own both so it's not that big of a deal but I'd like to figure it out soon.

I have a Minute 1:00 QR fork and a Shiver SC fork. They only differ in 10mm of travel so no biggy there. I'm basicly going to ride this around as my street/DJ/BMX bike to take with me to the track and practice on and such. I was thinking the Shiver is more this style of riding but I've seen plenty of people on Minute's on their 4x bikes.

Wheelset will most likley be 721's either way.

Any pros to running a SPV shock on this type of setup?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Run the minute but just let it known that u might break it eventualy either the structure or the internals.

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
minute, i run a black on mine and have never had a problem, and its taken a few hits, i also love the light weight

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Normally I can't stand Manitous, but I think the minute is the better bet. I know from exprience that the design of the shiver causes it to Flex an unusual amount on Gates (bmx and 4x) So I go with the minute, just get the stiffest springs possible

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
scurban said:
Normally I can't stand Manitous, but I think the minute is the better bet. I know from exprience that the design of the shiver causes it to Flex an unusual amount on Gates (bmx and 4x) So I go with the minute, just get the stiffest springs possible

i agree, im very satisfied w/ all the manitous ive ridden

btw scurban love the location, ron burgandy is my hero

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
If it's the air only minute- probably don't do it.

I saw this dudes blow up & blew the bushings loose along with the top cap blowing out .Blew oil all over his face & disk brake!
It was a 'very,very' small nose dive off this mound of dirt....

oh, The PIKES are great if you go that route.
I'm running a Boxxer 151 on my Heckler-it works great.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
nah it's not an all air minute, it has 1 air chamber and 1 spring I believe. The only thing I gotta do to it before I get stupid or crazy riding is change the med. spring to their firmest one that they offer for it. I'll most likley run it in the 100mm mode unless I'm doing something where the extra 30mm of travel will help. I think you can pump that SPV volume deal up and create a decent stiff fork with excellent bottoming resistance.

I got this for for $135 brand new (was won in a raffle, person didn't want it) so I feel obliguated to use it :) Now if I had to buy a fork that'd be a whole different story.