Quantcast

PA Spring Fling

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Hey everyone I got a flier from Jason Mosley over the weekend regarding the PA Spring Fling ride day. It was pretty successful last year and this year they're having 2 dates. Hope everyone can make it. Anyway here is the information that was on the flier:

Spring Fling
Port Angeles, WA
Brought to you by the "NFC"

March 6
April 2

Come ride for a day at the White Knuckle - Dry Hill
It will be a full day of riding with a shuttle truck provided to the top of the hill and lunch.
It will be fun for the whole family
DH/MTX/XC

DH trails offer beginner level to pro level riding
XC trails are good for both beginner and pro with 3-mile and 10-mile courses
MTX is fun for all levels

10:30 to 5:30
Shuttle Truck
Lunch around 12:30

$25.00 per person

Come on March 6 to get a sneak peek at the new Rotec RL9
Come on April 2 to demo the new Rotec RL9

Directions: Head west through PA on Hwy 101 for 3 miles. Turn left on Walkabout Road (dirt road) Continue several hundred yards. Make a right at the first split, go through yellow gate to the parking area under the power lines.

Please contact me a month in advance if you are coming - Thanks
Jason Mosley (360) 460-9184
More info: cw_3302@yahoo.com

Extra special thanks to:
Green Crow, DNR, Downhill Zone, Rotec Cycles, GRC, O'Neal Racing, ODI, FSA, Azonic, Sportworks, SixSixOne, Smith Optical, Sun Ringle, Hope Technology Inc, Sound Bikes & Kayaks, Arrow Racing

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
PA is one of the better places in Washington that I have ridden, as far as haulin balls DH goes. I also hear those PA dudes have been doing some building...?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
We were out there a couple weeks ago and it was alot of fun. I checked out the expert/pro for the first time and there is alot of challanging things on it...but all in all a fun course. It's definetly an expert trail. They are talking about having a new Beg/sport course that they are building now! They also brought back the huge double...didn't get to see anyone hit it though! They have done alot of work out there and really deserve a pat on the back! Good job guys! :cool: Can't wait to ride out there again!

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
How does it compare to some of the more extreme dh/freeride trails at Galbraith? And will there be any stunts or obstacles that will satisfy my bikes apetite? I have a custom Karpiel that I got from THE MAN himself...Joshua Bender.

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
Is this the same place where the Rotec Demo was?? I heard there was a Rotec Pro rider that was out there just ripping that place to pieces. I think his name is Evan or Ian Mutari or something like that. Is this place his training grounds? How does he rip so hard? I've heard alot about this Rotec Pro rider and am just curious if anybody knows anything about him. It is just so cool to have a rider of that caliber riding the same trail that us mere mortals get to.

NO TEETH

Chimp
Sep 23, 2004
Im from PA, and i suggest riding the expert trail. It really is just a great trail. Drop after drop and it is basically up to the rider to let go of the brakes and go for it. the beg trail is fast but not quite as fun. I have been hearing a lot about rotec being up there. Well hopefully i have encouraged a couple to go up that way b/c the riding is really great.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
shocktower said:
Dam it`s kinda far from my PNW location ,but if it`s that good :think: :think: :think: ,so what kinda trails are they are they mostly stunts or real deal DH trails :stupid: :stupid:
all natural features, drops, chutes, step-ups, off camber steeps. i went down it and somehow made it out in one peice. :p

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
Sequim is in a rain shadow, thats about 15-20 miles away. Sequim, on average, only gets about 12-18 inches of rain a year I believe. I rode PA the day after Xmas and it was pretty dang wet, but still fast. The course is pretty rad, Id recomend it.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Sequim and PA are both in the rain shadow. Sequim more so.
They are both much drier than seattle.
These are real DH trails. Fast and reasonably tech. The white knuck is just technical enough to scare you if you go really fast, but mellow enough that beginners can get down it at slow speed.
The other trail is full on expert only.

As far as a great day of riding goes, this event will be hard to beat and worth the drive.

NO TEETH

Chimp
Sep 23, 2004
If you are begginer still try out the expert trail when the races are not going. there is a really fun step up and just a solid trail. Its nothing too bad.

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
buildyourown said:
Sequim and PA are both in the rain shadow. Sequim more so.
They are both much drier than seattle.
These are real DH trails. Fast and reasonably tech. The white knuck is just technical enough to scare you if you go really fast, but mellow enough that beginners can get down it at slow speed.
The other trail is full on expert only.

As far as a great day of riding goes, this event will be hard to beat and worth the drive.
Buildyourown is right. I got word on this from a reliable source that has spent the majority of his life on the Olympic Penins.

NO TEETH

Chimp
Sep 23, 2004
I lived my enitre life in sequim. I know all the trails and the people that built them so **** you all. oh an pa isn in the rain shadow bitches.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Alls I know is that last year was a fun event, it was nice hanging out with everyone and taking a few dh runs and I'm looking forward to doing it again this year. The guys at PA have done a lot of work to the place with the addition of the expert line and a new mtnx course. Last year the shuttle truck service was awesome and there was barely a wait.

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
NO TEETH said:
Did they have the flat bed or the uhaul last time?
Thought you lived on the peninsula your whole life and know everyone....shouldnt you already know the anwer to that??

NO TEETH

Chimp
Sep 23, 2004
Probably not since I only made it to the mtx last year. If you doubt my residence look, I dont really know what to tell you, thats your deal i suppose. Weird that you would care.

NO TEETH

Chimp
Sep 23, 2004
Ok this is somewhat ridiculous argueing over a rainshadow so i will conceed. Now lets get back to the race.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
NO TEETH said:
If you are begginer still try out the expert trail when the races are not going. there is a really fun step up and just a solid trail. Its nothing too bad.
Personally I don't believe a true beginner would like that course (expert). There is too many drops into sharp corners...just my own opinion.