Quantcast

pa spring fling

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
stupid ferry for us northsounders....i doubt i'll be able to make it
Now now... it isn't really any longer to just drive to Edmonds for the ferry. Yes it is further in mileage, but it's a straight shot down I5 and once you're on the other side it is only a little bit further...

You guys should come! Jess is coming with me, so you guys can have some "lady time" on the hill. I am sure Asta and Summer will be riding too...

WORD!

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
Sam, this is Pete(posting on wifes accnt), my wife can't ride as she is about 7 months in...but she wants to go to PA and hang out, I'll have to talk to joel about it too, see ya tomorrow night

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Its been over a year since I have been there but at that time, the 'knuk was the "easy trail".
Bunch more lines down the hill now.
Yeah I remember the so called "pro-line"....had the really steep pitch and the big rock G-out....it met back up with the knuck right at the bottom.

And I know it was a necessary evil the prevent....death.... but I did prefer having the bridge right at the end instead of the berm....

Jun 18, 2004
we actually started talking and are probably coming now, if i can convince my brother to go anyways...
I just heard that Steilacom II ferry boat they have from Keystone is really scary in choppy water...

It normally runs where the water is more calm near Stiellacom

hackk

Chimp
Sep 13, 2007
nw
How are the conditions up there lately? we're (Westsidefreeride) coming up with 8 or 9 riders. Looking forward to it.

-FLUIDRIDE-

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
We went up last night and cut in the new lower section of Moto Guzzi.
Holy shait the dirt is prime time right now. Conditions couldn't be more perfect.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
PA is prime...this weekend was stellar and fast and...well fast :)

ODS has been super busy! Lots of new work all over the hill. One liner has been completely redone (the corners are now all supported with berms so everyone can carry lots of speed through the trail..even those who can't corner :)) and it finishes out on the road...lots of fun things to double up in the trail now. Limbo has some new fun additions to it too! The other trails got some TLC and are ripping. The spring fling is going to cause uncontrollable grins and smiles...beware.

Oh, and there is a new corner at the bottom where the races will finish...it's a good one..and a slapper!

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
If anyone wants to show me around out there Tuesday or Wednesday of this week let me know. I got a couple days off work and would like to ride something new.

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
i will be there of course. anybody staying at the red lion sat?

ps m6 should hit the shop tuesday the 26th so a shiney new bike to get dirty at pa

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
i will be there of course. anybody staying at the red lion sat?

ps m6 should hit the shop tuesday the 26th so a shiney new bike to get dirty at pa
You staying there? Check out the post on Bones Over Metal. There's a link there to good rates for that weekend, if you don't have room already. I want to stay out there, so I can be there for both days. But, don't know about my availability yet.

Cool about your bike!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Hotel?!? I'm just going to pass out in the back of the U-Haul so I can get first runs on the second day.

I really like what they did with Limbo/One-Liner. They hadn't quite finished the last section on One-Liner when we were there, so I'd guess they have by now. Really twitching to see what the new work on Motoguzzi has yielded.

New corner at the bottom, hmmmmmm???

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
You staying there? Check out the post on Bones Over Metal. There's a link there to good rates for that weekend, if you don't have room already. I want to stay out there, so I can be there for both days. But, don't know about my availability yet.

Cool about your bike!
Just a reminder, the Red Lion actually gives participants a special rate. Just mention the Olympic Dirt Society and I think you get 15-20% off. The rates are on the blog as well.

Also nobody from last weekend mentioned the dual-slalom. It's finished and should be prime by the shuttle day, so bring your little bike as well.