Quantcast

PA Woods Catty Jump Jam Sept 4th, rain date 5 or 6th

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Come on out NEXT SATURDAY and ride some of the best trails/jump lines in the country. Flowy jumps, groomed berms, swag, grilled food, pay whatever you want to donate to the Catty Trails, located in Catasauqua, just outside allentown
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catasauqua,_Pennsylvania).

Super layed-back, fun time. Some jump lines for everyone!! Trails are open all weekend pending weather, so rip it before and after if you're around next week.

More info here:

http://www.pawoods.com

Video Here

Catty Woods Fall Extra Footage on Vimeo

Hope to see some of you guys there. Cheers!

Nat

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Cool - I think Ted posted something about this too. Any old man lines? I'd love to get out there and see this legend spot. I'll see if there is some local Jersey trailheads that one to make a trip out...

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Don, not to try to discourage you from heading out, but the lips and landings are steep. There are a couple lines with gaps in the 12 to 14' range but they are like jumping from one spine to another. Not trying to say what you can and can't ride, just giving a honest heads up. If you want to check it out that would be cool and if you felt overwhelmed I could probably set you up with another local spot that you could shred everything.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Thanks for the heads up Ted. I'll ask my local trail buddy what's up - he's ridden there a couple of times and kinda knows my skill/comfort level. First thing is I have to see if I can break out of the house on a Saturday for the day :)

cdavis

Chimp
May 19, 2010
RVA
Me and some boys are rollin up from richmond va, anyone care to help us out with some directions?

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Saw my homies this weekend that have ridden Catty and said there might be a line or 2 I could handle. At this point have the yellow light schedule wise. So keeping my fingers crossed. I'll be bringing a brown USB 26" rig and maybe a USB Molly if anyone wants to test ride.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Saw my homies this weekend that have ridden Catty and said there might be a line or 2 I could handle. At this point have the yellow light schedule wise. So keeping my fingers crossed. I'll be bringing a brown USB 26" rig and maybe a USB Molly if anyone wants to test ride.
sorry for getting back to you so late. There are two lines that are pretty tame, flowy and let's you ride them at a fair clip. Take your hard tail and rip around!

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I must one day go.
How about this saturday?? I can pick you up at philly airport friday night;) Unfortunately you won't see earthy women in pajamas picking up a case of beer for breakfast out here, so you'll probably miss home in a couple days!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
How about this saturday?? I can pick you up at philly airport friday night;) Unfortunately you won't see earthy women in pajamas picking up a case of beer for breakfast out here, so you'll probably miss home in a couple days!
Hahha......that was awesome.

Would love to man. If I wasn't taking off to whistler tomorrow, I'd seriously consider it.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Ted, where are you telling people to park?? Who's taking care of the food- last time I drove down to that little market and bought dogs/burgers?
I am catering that sh!t, c'mon Nat, you know how I roll. . . .

I have a spot I allways park, fits a couple cars. . .

tex diesel

Chimp
Oct 18, 2009
You should come south instead. Ride my house for 2 or 3 days and you'll be in heaven. :rofl:
Man, I would love to come down and ride with you sometime soon. If you're serious, I'll make my way down before the weather turns. Would love to have you come up and session our stuff too.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Man, I would love to come down and ride with you sometime soon. If you're serious, I'll make my way down before the weather turns. Would love to have you come up and session our stuff too.
Fosho bro. We down with all diggers on your level. My trails are your trails. Hit me up. 530 566 2919

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
God Damn that was good! I have some video clips to show!
That place and the jam was unwordable. It won't do it justice but I'll try to write something when I have more time. Still a big ol' grin on my face.

Truth - you were killing it. Saw lots of style coming from you. You should be stoked on that run you were linking at the end of the day. Can't wait to see the clips.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Don't know if you guys were still there when they did fast and slow, timed runs on the big set with the winner having the biggest gap between their fastest and slowest time. Foster had the fastest time in the high 29 second and Marky T had the slowest in the mid 35 second. Marky T won with just over 5 second difference between his fast and slow. It was sick to see the difference between the racer runs and the super boost runs.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Don't know if you guys were still there when they did fast and slow, timed runs on the big set with the winner having the biggest gap between their fastest and slowest time. Foster had the fastest time in the high 29 second and Marky T had the slowest in the mid 35 second. Marky T won with just over 5 second difference between his fast and slow. It was sick to see the difference between the racer runs and the super boost runs.
Yeah, I stuck around for those. I saw Foster pull the nastiest scrub on the mini hip at the top.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
That place and the jam was unwordable. It won't do it justice but I'll try to write something when I have more time. Still a big ol' grin on my face.

Truth - you were killing it. Saw lots of style coming from you. You should be stoked on that run you were linking at the end of the day. Can't wait to see the clips.
Thanks man. I was super stoked on that one line I was doing at the end. I have no video of myself. Only a couple clips of foster boosting the hell out of the boost jump.

cdavis

Chimp
May 19, 2010
RVA

Seriously. That place is unbelievable. Nice meeting you guys, Don, Ted, and Truth.

Truth you were killing it at the end of the day! It was rad to see you sac up and go for that lofty hip line.

Ted nice work on the grill man.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Nobody riding the big sets on big bikes that day. I have only seen 3 different people ride drunk on big bikes, never seen anyone hit what I think is boomers (first couple pics) on a big bike.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Nice pics!
no bigger bikes? not even 24's?
Not that many big bikes there. Truth was on a 26" Black Market. Jim Deneville was on a 26", another guy on a clean 24" and then me on a 26" WCH and Butters borrowed my 24" Molly as his 20" had a blown hub.

After riding the place and Ted's comment, I think you just need to be extra dialed at a place like Catty. The terrain is steep and with the lack of rain hard as concrete. Hoof from I group bailed early in the day and was hurting. And his trail riding level is pretty high. Our crew was definitely taking it easy although we'd most likely try a couple more lines on a more moist/mellow day.

O yeah, here is a writeup I did on the USB site - some links to pics on the bottom:
http://unionstreetbikes.com/wordpress/

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Nice write up. Curious are you heading up the show at USB now? Haven't heard from Lee and I see you're the point of contact along with HQ being in Jersey.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Not that many big bikes there. Truth was on a 26" Black Market. Jim Dellavalle was on a 26", another guy on a clean 24" and then me on a 26" WCH and Butters borrowed my 24" Molly as his 20" had a blown hub.

After riding the place and Ted's comment, I think you just need to be extra dialed at a place like Catty. The terrain is steep and with the lack of rain hard as concrete. Hoof from I group bailed early in the day and was hurting. And his trail riding level is pretty high. Our crew was definitely taking it easy although we'd most likely try a couple more lines on a more moist/mellow day.

O yeah, here is a writeup I did on the USB site - some links to pics on the bottom:
http://unionstreetbikes.com/wordpress/
Sorry Don, Had to fix your typo ;)

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Sorry Don, Had to fix your typo ;)
ah, sorry about that and thanks! We were talking to him at the cars when leaving for a little bit. He has some interesting things on the coals with pump tracks and jump parks. Hopefully some of it will come together.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Nice write up. Curious are you heading up the show at USB now? Haven't heard from Lee and I see you're the point of contact along with HQ being in Jersey.
Yup, I did a little deal with Lee and Sean a few months ago. I've been quiet about it as I want to get somethings done before relaunching it. But I'm real excited about it and can't wait to get USB back up and running well. Holler if you have any questions or ideas or just want to talk bikes.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Cool Don! Definitely let us know when things are up and running again. Always liked USBs.