Quantcast

Pace rc 150

x rider

Chimp
Nov 27, 2007
Hello,

I have a Pace rc150. But i like to have some more travel of it.
lets say 170mm would i prefer.

Is it possible to tune this thing to 160 / 170 or 180 mm travel?

I have a lathe and mittermachine, so I can make some of the internals myself.

What is the difference between a 150mm travel and 170mm for instance? (internally)

thanks,

X rider.

P.s don't say buy another fork, because i allready have a rs totem, but i want to try out this Pace with some more travel if possible.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I don't have a clue, but if you try it take lots of pics and post instructions and how well it worked out. My friend has one of their XC race forks and loves it

x rider

Chimp
Nov 27, 2007
if someone can help me out here i will do...

I have some internal pictures:

Is there someone who know what is different to a 170mm or 180mm?

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
You cannot increase travel on that fork unless it was originally designed to have adjustable travel. You would basically have to make a whole new fork from scratch more or less.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
yep its a not go. one of the biggest problems is the bushings in the lowers would no longer run right on the stanchions. also NONE of the parts were designed to have that much travel.

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
The Pace RC150 actually have 140mm or 160mm of total travel. There is a travel spacer used to limit the travel. You can get a manual for these forks from Pace for £1 including UK tax plus postage. They can not be extended beyond that. Be careful of trying anything due to the low shim in the leg as well. So really don’t even try it would be my recommendation. I tended to run them with reduced travel due to them crowns and steerer tube being very light. I would recommend only using these forks as a all mountain or aggressive XC fork. If you would not got a steel steerer tube I would really recommend getting one. I have had three sets of these over the years and support was continued on them for many years. I would say go and get the up to date internals fitted but alas pace as we know it is no more and the fork is no longer supported. You could try and get hold of Tim at Fork English. He can tell you all there is to know about these forks. But really there so old hat, they were penned back in the mid 90s that something like a set of Pike will make a much better DH/Freeride fork than them.