Quantcast

Pacific Northwest Trail Ride Pix Kachesse Ridge

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Hello all.:)

Kachesse Ridge Trail

Just off I-90 a little over an hour away from Seattle. A little over 4000 feet elevation and 20 miles. Bout 8 miles of singletrack 90% descent.

Went out with our local bike club BBTC, bout 15 or so riders in the group, good times.

Click the pic for Skookie Size photo!

And we're off, have quite a climb ahead of us, there were reports of a real harsh climb, but i didn't think it was all that bad.

Keepin a good attitude always helps for the forest road climb. Some pretty good views and it never got too steep.

Lake Kachesse below, we had good climbing weather, cool breezy and crisp with an occasional mist, not bad. Plus good company to chat with along the way.

Finally to the top, any body generated heat quickly dissapates as the high mountain wind chills you to the core. Layers are added and the ride resumes.

Best shot of the day. A lot of hike a bike enabled the rider in this photo to call to my attention a mt. goat grazing in a field below this rocky peak. Very cool, but it moved out of view, probably found a better patch of bushes or flowers to munch on.

Photog fever.:)

One last hike a bike, what come up......

Not a good idea to always trust my line. i took off ahead of the pack and this rider was close behind. i went to the right off a small drop into a left turn and a muddy mucky mess below. Took me off the trail for a tad, but it wound up sending him over the bars. Haha mud is better than blood i always say.:D

Fun techy descent full of rocks, roots, root drops, swithbacks, all kinds of fun goodness.

Here's our trusty ride leader having a good time.

Really cool aspect of the singletrack is it begins and ends on a techy downhill, but along the middle is a nice smooth stretch. This smooth section rolling thru one of the many alpine meadows that afford wonderful views.

Creek X-ing.

Super fun downhill to end, my arms were a little hammered i was lucky i didn't crash on a few sections. Great swithbacks on high exposure benched trail, with some steep chunky rocky goodness. Fun shtuff.

Finally made it out to this trail, i don't know how i've missed it all these years. i'll definately be back, good shtuff.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Looks good up there, Skooks! Excellent pics.:thumb:

I would imagine the climb would be a little more demanding on a hot, sunny day. As you know, I dread the Suntop climb - likely 'cuz my 1st time up, it was about 90-degrees, sunny and calm out. We did it on a cooler and foggy day the last time and it was way more tolerable.

Those meadows are awesome. The first time I rolled thru there, I nearly wiped out a couple of times just because I was looking off to both sides while trying to stay hooked up with the narrow singletrack. Good times!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Good times!
Shuttle ride at Corral Pass possibly in the works for next Saturday, been awhile since i rode with ya, you down? Maybe Pip and Scotty wanna ride the Noble Nob goodness. :dancing:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Skookum said:
Shuttle ride at Corral Pass possibly in the works for next Saturday, been awhile since i rode with ya, you down? Maybe Pip and Scotty wanna ride the Noble Nob goodness. :dancing:
D'oh!!! I have to sell bicycles and bicycle accessories on Saturdays. If you had said Sunday! Sunday!! Sunday!!!, then we might be in buisness. Yes, it's been a while indeed. I will let my fellow rippers know.:cool:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
A friend of mine has a cabin on Lake Kachess, about 3 miles from where most park their cars. He rides that trail on a full rigid 1980s something Bridgestone. I'm up there a few times each year and yet... I've never ventured to the knarl.

I'm 100% on for the 2nd at Mt Helens. :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Serial Midget said:
A friend of mine has a cabin on Lake Kachess, about 3 miles from where most park their cars. He rides that trail on a full rigid 1980s something Bridgestone. I'm up there a few times each year and yet... I've never ventured to the knarl.

I'm 100% on for the 2nd at Mt Helens. :thumb:
Sweet, yah the trail is pretty nice, but imagine Capitol Forest Trail #30 and Ranger Creek on crack and that describes the singletrack on the top and the bottom, with a nice smooth calm spot in the middle. Kind of like a severe storm haha. You should give it a whirl though if you're out there, you'd like the climb and the views are cool.
Cool news about the 2nd, we have 6 on board so far, i'm gonna post it soon and fish around for any other suckers eurh i mean riders.