Quantcast

Pacifica

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I went up to Pacifica today with some vague directions and found a cool DH trail in a chapparal-type area that was all rocky and came straight down a ridge from the top of a big hill. At the bottom of that trail was another trail in eucalyptus trees with some jumps and berms on it. I couldn't figure out where the dropzone place was or that roadgap though. Does anyone here know where those are? PM me if you don't want to post the directions.

ZEDMAN

Monkey
Nov 19, 2003
S.F. California
drop zone is on the other side of the linda mar valley. its above "sea bowl" the bowling alley. there are 2 ways to get up there one off to the left of sea bowl up the hill through a service road where cars can not go. and another up behind cabrillo school which is also a service road but if you have a 4x4 it can be driven up but some of the ruts are pretty big. needless to say you can just walk in on both these roads.

Raacerx

Monkey
black noise said:
I went up to Pacifica today with some vague directions and found a cool DH trail in a chapparal-type area that was all rocky and came straight down a ridge from the top of a big hill. At the bottom of that trail was another trail in eucalyptus trees with some jumps and berms on it. I couldn't figure out where the dropzone place was or that roadgap though. Does anyone here know where those are? PM me if you don't want to post the directions.
Thats Mile Long. Above it is Crack and 911/Vision. Theres multiple lines through the trees at the bottom, which is called Boyscout. And are you talking about the road gap at Drop Zone? I dont know if its hittable right now as they had some dirt there awhile ago. The only other gap in Pacifica I know of is the Boyscout one which lands you all off camber. Sketchy but Fun.

El Santo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2002
the 'burbs of SF
Raacerx said:
And are you talking about the road gap at Drop Zone? I dont know if its hittable right now as they had some dirt there awhile ago.
I was there today. There is a 6" deep puddle right before the lip, but the landing looks more/less clear. Let it dry out for a week or two before you go for it.

If you are hitting that gap you are a focking animal.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
i want to ride pacifica so bad, but my friend doesnt want to drive up there. i was wondering if anybody has any pics of the drop zone. ive seen pics of the main trail up there but ive never seen or heard or drop zone, so if anyboy had pics i would appreciate it. thanks