Quantcast

Pacifica

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Does anyone know how the trails are in Pacifica? I want to go riding there but if they're all bad after the rains then I won't.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
The crack and Mile are usually pretty good.
Skip Boyscout though. You will tear up the trail and piss people off.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
-BB- said:
The crack and Mile are usually pretty good.
Skip Boyscout though. You will tear up the trail and piss people off.

Exactly. The Mile and Crack and other upper parts are fine, they drain really well, and you can even mess around on the upper part of boyscout (where the jumps are), but it seems as if the entire mountain drains into the lower part of boyscout and it gets wrecked every year - the ruts get deaper, etc.

Every time I talk to a local the only negative thing I hear about cyclists is that they need to learn to stay away from sensitive wet trails.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Cool, thanks. I might head up there and just stay off of lower boyscout. What about dropzone and that trail that goes from dropzone down into a neighborhood? I don't know the name but it's like Boyscout but with more jumps.

I just rode UCSC. The dirt is saturated but there weren't a lot of puddles. You still get muddy.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
stay in SC...the trail across the street is HAGGARD! mile is a a river in the rain and crack sux to hike in the wet. shuttle UCSC and call me when u do so i can come :)

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Hmmm... maybe not anymore. I hear there's a lot of rain coming in now. It was sunny in SC today so I took advantage of it. The trails are actually pretty nice right now. Airborne is perfect.